speed limiter

SolLesHonda

ok guys i have one more question ... i was on the highway yesterday and there was this focus with 2-3 people in it, and he had pods witha compass and time in them but it was def. gay ... but he wanted to go, so we were at a 65 mph roll, and i dropped in third and left him .. i decided to keep on going even though i was 5 car lenghts ahead ... and i noticed at about 102-103 it didn't wanna go any longer ... im guessing my top speed limiter came into effect here ... what do i have to do to disable that ? .. lemme know thanks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, there is definitely not a governer at 102, youf car just wouldnt accelerate any more because its slow.

haha harsh but true. if your governer kicked in you would have felt it.

haha ok then ... i knew it was slow, you aint gotta say it like that though ... at least it looks clean now ,..... all i need now is the exhaust and motor swap ... im saving and saving .. it may be slow, but for as the way i drive it when i need some speed ... i've wasted quite a few people around here ... i'll hang with v6 mustangs all day ... of course GT's always pull after 2nd ... but that'll change one day soon ... :laugh:

ok there pal ... actually the fact that your accord (depending on the year and model) weighs more than my car ... and your 20 more hp may be useless when it comes down to it ... also mileage does need to be taken in consideration ... how many miles are on your car .. my car has most of its hp cus it has low miles ...high mileage affects hp ... but of course you knew that ... ? anyway ... v6 mustangs .. not the new ones, but the family models had 195 hp to the crank in a almost 2 ton car .. compared to mine of about 120 at 2400 lbs ... i also know how to drive ... unlike most ... but of course, you knew all that ... sounds like this newbie knows what he is talking about

but the family models had 195 hp to the crank in a almost 2 ton car .. compared to mine of about 120 at 2400 lbs

Where you coming up with almost 2 tons?!?!?!? Mustangs have two bodystyles, convertible and non convertible. Non convertibles weigh about 2700 Lbs, less than a ton and a half. Convertibles I'm not sure, but most likely not over 3000 Lbs.

well actually it is over 3000, my neighbor has one, it is 3066 for the manual, and auto would weigh more ... and thats non covertible .... at least that's from the manual .. unless ford is lying which maybe true anyway ... but they have 190 hp and 220 torque .. their gear ratios suck and its just not a car worth arguing about ... i have them on video of me sticking all the way with them, until about 3rd at 75-85

im an amatuer drag racer.. i drove my dads project civic with 405 hp. i think i know how to drive considering i got a better qm than the man that owns the car.

i have been racing/driving a manual since i was 9 years old on my dads private track down in lagrange georgia.

my car has all the horsepower and even more. it weighs about 2850 lbs with the weight reduction i have done to it. the h22 engine comes in from japan in 2 months.

all i know is that a ?stock? del sol wouldnt even beat ME, let alone a mustang. which have a 3.7 v6 engine and my uncle said his 2003 has about 220 hp and 213 torque.

maybe.... my delsol Si w/ intake only beat a 2000 v6 mustang w/ intake and exhaust... there's too many factors to really say if can or can't beat something, the only way to tell is by doing it. so he may or may not be lying, you dont know unless your there.

the point is, neither a del sol or a v6 mustang is considered fast, so bragging is a waste of time. nobody is impressed.

Where you coming up with almost 2 tons?!?!?!? Mustangs have two bodystyles, convertible and non convertible. Non convertibles weigh about 2700 Lbs, less than a ton and a half. Convertibles I'm not sure, but most likely not over 3000 Lbs.

I don't know where you're getting your numbers but I don't even think the old fox body 'stangs weighed less than 3000lbs.

there is tons of BS flying in this thread.

1. V6 mustangs are slow. they have a decent V6, but the chassis is heavy, which results in poor power/weight ratio.

2. 97accordjdm, I call BS on your dad owning a track and you racing in this 405hp civic. where's the proof?

3. also, if you think your 97 accord is fast, you've obviously never driven a 405hp civic.

4. a del Sol VTEC would surely hand you your ass on any track, even with your H22 swap.

5. I really don't mean to brag, but if you retort back wanting to race or something, I'll straight up laugh at you.

dont live with my dad and dont have any pictures because he lives an hour away.

the tracks not licensed. its just out on his old pasture where he has all these horses and crap and it was a makeshift landing strip for bi planes in a long time ago.

but when i go there i bring all my friends and i have beaten del sols by like 6 carlengths. civic si's all that

its not really about the horsepower, its how you drive. if you shift early then you can lose a second off your qm.

redline is not always the optimum rpm to shift at, i think thats what he's trying to say. people think that exactly at redline is going to return best numbers, but thats not usually the case.

yes. my redline stock says 6250 rpms but that doesnt necessarily mean i have to shift there to get optimum speed. that means that you should not rev past that point or there could be damage done to your engine and transmission.

4. a del Sol VTEC would surely hand you your ass on any track, even with your H22 swap.

correction

the D16z6 del sol will neva keep up with a swapped h22 accord(stock for stock)

idk about the b16 but those are junk, my d16z6 hatch spanks b16 del sols all day long

and i already got spanked by my friends h22 accord

correction

the D16z6 del sol will neva keep up with a swapped h22 accord(stock for stock)

idk about the b16 but those are junk, my d16z6 hatch spanks b16 del sols all day long

and i already got spanked by my friends h22 accord

a D16Z6 del Sol is a del Sol Si.

a B16A3 del Sol is a del Sol VTEC.

an H22 swapped accord isn't stock.

your D16Z6 hatch isn't going to beat a B16A3 del Sol with a good driver.

a D16Z6 hatch and H22 accord are not fast.

DONE

i agree with big bird .. and for the guy with the accord, i hope you plan on upgrading your brakes and suspension because your front end now weighs 300 lbs more ... good luck with that .. and why h22, sure its powerful, but you put that in there your going to have soo much torque steer its gonna suck .. i suggest getting a LSD, well actually i suggest going b16a2(or b16a3) and building for turbo .. or in your case, crv-tec would be nice too ... my motor is sitting on a stand at home being built by me, anytime you wanna go when you get your bad ass H22, let me know, ill put in the b16 with straight bolt ons, and leave you eating dust ... and as for the people hating on the del sol s, thats fine .. i got it for 1600 with 80,000 miles and clean record, with perfect body, just needed cleaning

thanks big bird .. you obviously know whats up

LSD is coming with the full complete engine and transmission..

my h22 is the same weight as my f22 maybe 10-20 lbs heavier. i have omnipower suspension and brembo crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads.

and the b16 sounds like a best bet for your car. have fun with it. hope you do well.

Archived