The Dark Knight

SIR_VTEC

Alright, so from what i've read this movie is ridiculously selling out before the opening, which I think is going to be THE BEST movie of the year, i've already got my tickets...you have yours? If not you better buy them now, some people are patient but i like to see the new movies on opening day lol...so whos going?

Dark Knight

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I've been looking forward to this movie than any others all year Im not going on opening day. Way to many people I like to relax at my movies not deal with screaming kids texting highschool girls, and smelling fat dudes sitting next to me.

I'll see it a week or so later.

I also heard about this last night, presales are 8x that of Spider-Man 3 from last year, and showings are almost entirely sold out for the opening week. Theaters are now adding 6:00 AM showings to cash in and keep fans pleased.

This is one of the movies I'm most looking forward to, and I don't think I've looked forward to a movie quite as much since Pirates 3 last May (when it comes to widely released "mainstream" movies, at least). Christian Bale is amazing in most everything he does, and it's because of him that I finally broke down and watched Batman Begins last summer, lol. Heath Ledger was an amazing actor... I have yet to find the time and desire to watch Brokeback, but his take in Lords of Dogtown and Candy showed such promise, and from what I have glimpsed of this, he did an amazing job transforming himself into the role. (Quite reminiscent of Alex in A Clockwork Orange in a few shots, and I get a wave of nostalgia for The Crow during some of the tv spots/trailers... two amazing movies.)

Anyway, I don't go to the theater, I love movies but hate the theater. I'd imagine the drive-in would have this for opening weekend, so I'm going to be all over it opening night or the night after.

Seeing is free is great, but 10 bucks isnt even scratching my wallet

yeah but get to see it a few hours early. so when i'm done watching, you'll just start watching.

I also heard about this last night, presales are 8x that of Spider-Man 3 from last year, and showings are almost entirely sold out for the opening week. Theaters are now adding 6:00 AM showings to cash in and keep fans pleased.

This is one of the movies I'm most looking forward to, and I don't think I've looked forward to a movie quite as much since Pirates 3 last May (when it comes to widely released "mainstream" movies, at least). Christian Bale is amazing in most everything he does, and it's because of him that I finally broke down and watched Batman Begins last summer, lol. Heath Ledger was an amazing actor... I have yet to find the time and desire to watch Brokeback, but his take in Lords of Dogtown and Candy showed such promise, and from what I have glimpsed of this, he did an amazing job transforming himself into the role. (Quite reminiscent of Alex in A Clockwork Orange in a few shots, and I get a wave of nostalgia for The Crow during some of the tv spots/trailers... two amazing movies.)

Anyway, I don't go to the theater, I love movies but hate the theater. I'd imagine the drive-in would have this for opening weekend, so I'm going to be all over it opening night or the night after.

Yea thats in the link I posted...thats nutz

yeah but get to see it a few hours early. so when i'm done watching, you'll just start watching.

Yea I know, but in the end we both see the same movie lol

Yea thats in the link I posted...thats nutz

Yea I know, but in the end we both see the same movie lol

Sorry, I didn't click the link! >_<

:stupid: j/k...its ok Links are sometime kinda hard to see here on HF, but eh watev, you read the same info as me lol

I saw it on the tv... and you know, if it's on tv it must be true :laugh:

I already got my tickets for the Imax midnight showing. It should be pretty sweet. So far Bale has done a decent job of wiping the memory of any of the previous Batmans away and this one shouldn't be any different.

EDIT: Funny little farce I found.

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=...BlogPost:355506

BATMANNNNNNNNNNNNN!

im gonna get the new verizon dark knight special edition phone!!!!1!!!111!!

what?!? Does it flip out like a bat-o-rang?

so... i got home about a half hour ago from seeing the midnight showing. I was disappointed. an hour too long, and didn't keep me interested much- i really didn't think it lived up to the hype. The trailers looked amazing, but then again- they were also the best bits of the movie, imo.

btw lina- it's not the least bit scary. just a bit twisted.

Archived