i love the s2000

2000G

i just joined the forum because i am selling my car, so i thought someone might be interested. ( i posted the thread in the classified section) anyways just wanted to say i used to not be into hondas too much, but the s2000 is just a beautiful car, and i loved it even more when i found out it rear wheel drive. anwyays yea, peace.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tell me...what comes out of drifting besides messed up cars with bald tires? drifting is gay because its not a real form of racing, no matter what the people over at nissan say.

you don't see drivers in any racing series (besides wrc) getting sideways in the turns.

:thumbsup: lmao who said drifting was racing? cuz its not.. and the reason you dont see drivers in racing series get sideways is because its not the fastest way around the track. drifting is not racing, and those who do it will tell you exactly that.

Well, just the fact that it's not racing, won't sell SSR anyway.

I like drifting...I like Initial D. I know the difference between the real world and anime. It's fun entertainment either way. To bad it's getting more crowded at events...blah...

all the nissan boys around here seem to think that drifting is a form of racing, and drivers go all around to different events to get points and win a championship.

i have never seen initial D...i'm on dial-up so it would take way to long to download that stuff.

and i never said drifting was racing...i said it wasn't a real form of racing.:thumbsup:

drifting is about car control. car control is not show its part of racing. a good driver has complete control over his vehicle at all times, and thats what drifting is about. no one said its racing and anyone who does is a moron.

traction loss = losing control of vehicle. my drivers ed teacher always said that back in the day. anytime one or more of your tires are spinning, sliding, locked up, etc then you've lost control.

in any case, i still think its a pointless way to ruin a set of tires...and a good way to kill your car aswell. i'd rather take the racing line of a turn as fast as possible than go sliding through it sideways to prove that i have control of my car.

Taking a turn fast is better control than drifting.

Take a turn fast and jerk the steering wheel around, you can still stay in control.

Drift through a turn and wrench the wheel the other way, uh-oh, you just spun out.

traction loss = losing control of vehicle

... are you serious? just because you lose traction does NOT mean you do not have control of your car. a GOOD driver has complete control over his car whether he's sliding or not.

any driver who's good enough to have control over a vehicle that others would deem "out of control" obviously is a good enough driver to make turns fast without sliding.

and a good way to kill your car aswell.

thats just silly... you're more liable to "kill" your car racing then drifting.

Hate to point it out, but they can't really control their cars all that well when they're drifting. They pretty much choose how far they initially wanna go when they start the slide, and can only really lengthen it or spin out. Let me know if someone can drift through a slalom (sp?) course...the whole time, and then tell me about control.

Add: Hell, if you're drifitng down the street, and a cat runs out, tell me how you can avoid hitting it. It's rhetorical, but neccessary.

More: I like watching the D1, but I still think it's silly to base a car specifically for drifting.

Also: The S2K rocks the house.

Hate to point it out, but they can't really control their cars all that well when they're drifting. They pretty much choose how far they initially wanna go when they start the slide, and can only really lengthen it or spin out. Let me know if someone can drift through a slalom (sp?) course...the whole time, and then tell me about control.

hate to point it out, but good drivers CAN control their cars while they are drifting or grip driving. they can determine how long and how sideways they get, and they can also decide when to stop their drifts.

Add: Hell, if you're drifitng down the street, and a cat runs out, tell me how you can avoid hitting it. It's rhetorical, but neccessary.

you shouldnt drift down a street, i'm assuming u mean residential because i dont know many cats that hang out at tracks or in industrial parks.

More: I like watching the D1, but I still think it's silly to base a car specifically for drifting.

its also silly to have a car built specifically for drag racing but people still do that.

Also: The S2K rocks the house.

beautiful car, but not that hot performance wise.

Archived