i love the s2000

2000G

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. My eyes went up on that one. As far as specific cars for Drift vs. Drag. Old muscle cars don't cost all that much to build up. I'm talking about regular kids here, not trailered cars. My analogy with the cat could be used on another driver instead. The S2000 is the most powerful N/A 4 cylinder ever produced, have a little respect.

have any of you ever driven a s2000? im not talkin horsepower numbers here, i'm talkin about feel, ive driven many, stock, s2000's with bolt ons, a supercharged and a turbo one. the turbo one is the only one that would ever make me want to buy an s2000, except for the fact that he has about as much into his turbo kit as i have into my whole car. not to mention stock turbo'd 4's have a much richer power band then the s2000, i guess ive driven my car too long and realized that i dont need to wait till 6000 rpm to make power. :crazy:

The S2000 is the most powerful N/A 4 cylinder ever produced

yet even modded it cant compete with stock turbo engines... did i mention you have to wait till 6000 rpm to feel real power out of that "most powerful n/a 4 cylinder"??????? not to mention that the 240 hp comes in at what?? 7800 rpm... and that amazing 162 ft. lbs of torque!!! >_<

also i find it hard to believe that a full tube frame chasis, built motor and turbo set up would cost less then a fine tuned suspension set up and the mild power modifications needed to build a drift car.

It's okay...Honda's weren't meant to be turbo'd. I do think however, that you're Nissan wouldn't last nearly as long as an S2000, even with a mild setup. Honda makes cars for reliability as well as performance.

his sr20 is pretty bulletproof actually...as much as i dislike nissan it is a good motor.

as ssr said, the s2000 isn't a straight line car...its made for the track. i can't tell you how many times now i've taken stock and bolt-on s2000's from a roll on the highway, and from stop lights. they have a claimed 14.5 1/4..but i've never lost to one. ever.

Yup. But I love them curves. Sad that I'm afraid to take them now due to the constant reminders of cyclists, cops, and STUPID ASS pedestrian high-schoolers around my area. Too god damned paranoid these days...

if its made for handling then why the hell does it matter if its the "most powerful n/a 4 cyl ever produced".. simple it doesnt. i'm not sayin that its not an amazing car, i'm sayin its not as great as it could be!

if it were truely made for handling it wouldnt be a vert, vert's are heavier and require more anti roll material then coupes. take a stock m3 and a stock s2000 to the same track with the same driver and the m3 will turn faster lap times.

just out of curiousity where did i say it was made for drag racing?

im acting?! lmao you guys are the ones bringing up how much hp it makes as if that really truely matters in track racing!!! why cant an m3 be compared to a s2000?! both are rwd, both are front engine, both have similar hp, the only real difference is the m3 is a lil heavier and a coupe.

Only way an S2000 would come close to beating the M3 (same driver, no driver error mistakes while timing) would be if it was a convertible M3.

If there isn't a ragtop M3, no one ever read this as I don't know my bimmers.

Yeah, M3's came in conv.

I would take an M3 over an S2000 only because its more luxery and hella player. S2000 I would rather have for show car though. If one were to compare them.

M3= nice daily driver

S2000= Better styling

Ferrari 575=Owned.

M3= nice daily driver

S2000= Better styling

i dont know many people who would say that honda has better styling then bmw...

Ferrari 575=Owned.

saw one in idaho, or at least a 550... omg such a gorgeous car

i'd prefer the s2k to an m3 as far as styling is concerned... but i've never been much of a bmw fan to begin with... a few of them are decent looking, but i don't think i'd own one myself...:-/

BMW's...to me...just don't represent SPEED to me anymore. A nice 97 M3 Coupe to me looks and reminds me of fast. but the new E46 model just looks likea luxury car to me.

yeah...thats probably because they are luxury sport. luxury. sport.

anyways, i'm a big fan of bmw's...the new 3-series look awesome to me. especially the 4-dr's (and i usually hate 4-dr's). only thing i really don't like about bmw is the fact that they have a ass like montoya driving for them in F1, and they're thinking about dropping schumacher.

Archived