bye bye to my si

Humphries

traded the civic today for a motorcycle

2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500R with 29 miles on it.

civic had 293000.

didnt feel like doing the maintenance on it or paying the huge insurance payment (650/6 months) and I've been wanting a motorcycle for a while. already have 2 in the garage but they are projects and 1980s bikes.

i like it. lots. especially the 250/year insurance payment. and 60 mpg

252833_1831491863369_1122540134_31703704_1196915_n.jpg

lovely.

yeah i was going to keep it forever. but i have 2 cars. the civic was economically stupid to keep. maintenance was needed within 20k miles and i didnt wanna shell out the cash.

this bike needs nothing but a break in on the engine and initial servicing

Congrats on the Bike man. I had a red 2006 ninja 500r out in california. Its a really good bike, very easy to ride, 0-60 in 3 seconds, 130mph top speed and 40-50 mpg. Depending on how you ride it, you'll probably be putting gas in your tank ever 120-160 miles, though if you ride like a granny it will go 200 miles. Use premium gas too and follow the break in period for the bike, its no honda.

i actually just got back into the bike game too. picked up an 05 ninja zzr600.

Nice bike, im actually looking into purchasing a bike, but alot of people were like get something smalled, I was really diggin the hayabusa but its too much bike for me especially being my first bike

• 1 month later...

Please don't be one of those d-bags that:

a) weave in and out of traffic on the bike

b) speed race going over 100 to blow by everyone for no apparent reason.

c) do wheelies on the freeway to show off

d) ride the shoulder during traffic jams.

• 2 months later...

Blehh busa's are friggin tanks, either way I wouldn't start out on anything larger than a 600. If you want something scary go for the r1, will do over 100 in first gear, by far the closest I've ever come to pissing myself was on one

Blehh busa's are friggin tanks, either way I wouldn't start out on anything larger than a 600. If you want something scary go for the r1, will do over 100 in first gear, by far the closest I've ever come to pissing myself was on one

i don't think you've ridden the right busa. at least if you're more scared of an r1 than you are a busa, anyway.

i'm tempted to buy my bosses busa from the shop he's more or less left it stranded at because his money fell through on the work they were doing on it. he's trying desperately to work something out with them, but i'd have no problem buying it for repair price lol

Archived