eBay exhaust.

EJ1 D16

^ agreed

quality is a HUGE part of it.. and some dont have resonators so they make your car sound like a weedeater on roids or like you have aluminum foil stuck in your exhaust and its rattling around inside it

wall thickness, metalurgy, quality of welds, baffle material is often subpar, fitment is usualy off, coatings tend to flake off, they sound like a bee trapped in a tuna can, etc etc etc.

If you spend $100 on a crap exhaust like Seb and live ANYWHERE close to a place that gets a real winter and your exhaust will go *poof* in cloud of rust and faerie dust.

If you spend $100 on a crap exhaust like Seb and live ANYWHERE close to a place that gets a real winter and your exhaust will go *poof* in cloud of rust and faerie dust.

I live in a place that gets a pretty good winter for about 2 months. so i already said screw eBay ha.

about how much would it cost to get custom from header 2.5" to 3" muffler?

Seb, you do not have winter there. What's your total snowfall this year?

Stainless is the way to go if you plan on having the car for a long time, otherwise just anticipate replacing your aftermarket exhaust every couple years if it's a daily and you bought cheap.

I didn't even buy cheap and I still have to replace my cat after 5000 miles and three years, too bad you can't get one of those stainless for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

No matter what exhaust you get at some point in time you are going to have to replace it no matter were you buy it at.

I did buy an ebay exhaust and it did have fitment issues and ended up cutting the flange off due to it is hard to find an exhaust for a sedan than it is for a hatch.

But i was lucky of getting one with a resonator so it don't sound bad at all.

And it is the first exhaust system that i went cheap on. the 2001 eclipse gt that i have has an invida catback exhaust system that cost me over 500 bucks with shipping charges add in there and figure i don't need to spend that much money on a DD.

Archived