Engine selection

civicdx08

I recently had a cylinder go out in my eg. Im looking into a swap and wanted to get some feedback on what to drop in it. Looking at a d16z6 or a zc. engine that was in my civic was a d16y7 so it would need to link up to my d series transmition.

.... seriously, turboing AND getting a 4-1 header?

You really need to read more man.

Right now im running a d16z6 thats pushing 7-14lbs on a stock block (pending what i set the boost controller to) so power ranges anywhere from 200-290sh. However I have a vitara/fj build im working on that will be pushing 20psi and netting anywhere from 325-400 as a daily driver.

If your planning on sticking with a dseries motor goto d-series.org and READ READ READ.

Before you make any plans your really need to think about a few things

What is the primary use? You say a daily, so unless you REALLY know what your doing, boost is out of the question for you, since you are ALWAYS maintaining it.

What is your budget? Without this you cant really plan for anything. Right now I know my budget is around 1500 to build my motor, and get it tuned (luckily all of the external parts, sans the s300 are getting donated to me) however I do need to have the block machined, as well as buy all my internals (which is going to be around 700-1000).

How mechanicly inclined are you? Can you completely tear down a car, and rebuild it with minimal direction? Do you have the tooling to do so? If not then take the parts you want to put onto your car and multiply their cost by 3. This is approx how much a shop is going to charge you to do the work.

.... seriously, turboing AND getting a 4-1 header?

You really need to read more man.

Right now im running a d16z6 thats pushing 7-14lbs on a stock block (pending what i set the boost controller to) so power ranges anywhere from 200-290sh. However I have a vitara/fj build im working on that will be pushing 20psi and netting anywhere from 325-400 as a daily driver.

If your planning on sticking with a dseries motor goto d-series.org and READ READ READ.

Before you make any plans your really need to think about a few things

What is the primary use? You say a daily, so unless you REALLY know what your doing, boost is out of the question for you, since you are ALWAYS maintaining it.

What is your budget? Without this you cant really plan for anything. Right now I know my budget is around 1500 to build my motor, and get it tuned (luckily all of the external parts, sans the s300 are getting donated to me) however I do need to have the block machined, as well as buy all my internals (which is going to be around 700-1000).

How mechanicly inclined are you? Can you completely tear down a car, and rebuild it with minimal direction? Do you have the tooling to do so? If not then take the parts you want to put onto your car and multiply their cost by 3. This is approx how much a shop is going to charge you to do the work.

unfortunately you're really far away, but my Z6 would be perfect for you and it's for sale.

OP, Ohio isn't far and I've got a z6 swap with a bottom end that's all set for a large turbo.

Archived