Looking for new wheels and tires!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can never got wrong with a set of stock alloys that are cleaned up :) Honeslty your going to spend that much in good tires tho. For my yokos I spent 330 mounted, and those are midrange all season tires. My summer tires are going to be almost twice that :(

I just spent $500 on toyo proxes and an alignment. :( good rubber is pricey.

The style of wheel is nice. it is a popular design so you won't be very unique since every third honda has something similar on it. but don't let that stop you if you like it.

discount tire has lots of drag wheels

do you mean shiny black or matte black? personal choice... if I were you i'd work on getting the paint on the car looking decent before putting brand new wheels on it

friend of mine had the shiny black on his accord (same burgandy) and they looked okay.. he then went to a matte silver which actually looked decent.. then he went to something else i cant remember.. then he ended up with white which actually looked pretty decent

as far as tires i love the hankooks on the Z.. i have raptors on the del and they have lasted quite a while and a bit cheaper.. not a crapty compound though so it works out

I wouldnt go bigger then 16's on the accord

a good wax can get a car's paint looking a LOT better

if you want black.. i'd go shiny.. i'll see if i can find a pic of my friends accord with them.. he changed wheels so much though i dont know if i have one lol

but yah 15's or 16's would be your best bet.. 17's are hard to pull off with a honda

accords can pull off 17s but i wouldnt do 17s when the car is still 4x4.. i like SOME 17s on del's.. mine have pretty thin spokes and most people think they are 16's... but i sure as hell cant take a hard turn without knocking the fender lol

if it ever saw autocross or track day i would find some 15s probably

very true

i was going to swap my front tires today to make sure the small amount of camber i have doesnt wear the tires too crap on one side.. didnt need swapped.. dont need rotated.. been on there for almost 2 years (swapped front to back at the beginning of the year)

this is 2 years of driving probably 100 miles a day on average.. over summer i did a 5 hour round trip every weekend.. and a trip to ATL

and they STILL have a lot of tread.. and they are quiet.. AND they are pretty good in rain

hella flush.... the toilet. I cant wait till that ricer ass fad goes away.

Ricer 1: "hey man check out my awesome camber, I put these hella wide tires on my car, so now instead of the whole tire contacting the road only the inner 1" is"

Ricer 2: "Wow that must totaly handle better since your so low"

R1 "I know right, I know absolutely nothing about suspension geometry, but this must be better"

R2 "You totaly right, im going to go do this myself!"

And a fad was born that rivaled neon underglows, NOS stickers, and "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time".

Fking ricers.

if you want wheels that scream sex you want these

Rota-JMAG-Black.jpg

2054671188_4a2b0dcc75.jpg

Love me some rota jmags.

hella flush.... the toilet. I cant wait till that ricer ass fad goes away.

Ricer 1: "hey man check out my awesome camber, I put these hella wide tires on my car, so now instead of the whole tire contacting the road only the inner 1" is"

Ricer 2: "Wow that must totaly handle better since your so low"

R1 "I know right, I know absolutely nothing about suspension geometry, but this must be better"

R2 "You totaly right, im going to go do this myself!"

And a fad was born that rivaled neon underglows, NOS stickers, and "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time".

Fking ricers.

if you want wheels that scream sex you want these

Rota-JMAG-Black.jpg

2054671188_4a2b0dcc75.jpg

Love me some rota jmags.

lol.

a 93 honda accord on air.

it is obviously built to look good, not perform.

it's my friend justin's car. i love the crap out of it.

You need to understand purpose builds. some are for speed, some are for looks.

Stretched tires and flush tire/fender gaps have been around for a while. I dont think i'll see it leave.

lol at "love me some rota Jmags"

rota jmags, currently have a set on layaway cause im a broke MF :)

PS humpries, it doesnt even look good so it fails on both accounts.

Poke and stretch = fail

carbon on a car that wont see any improvement from it = fail

hella flush = fail

more lights than a church on xmas = fail

hood pins not seated correctly = fail

huge ass windshield banner = fail

huge ass front and rear lips w/ stock side skirts = fail

any honda on air = fail

Id really hate to see the job he did on the interior, probably looks like a preschool or a crayola factory on the inside with crap all over the place.

Atleast I admit my car looks like a bag of ass, hes just in denial. I mean hes got body gaps that rival in comparison to pam an or the grand canyon.

yeah, stretched wheels... haven't been around all that long, some VW kid found his dads box of goodies and saw that he gapped out some rims in the 60s for his bug and the kid was like thats sweet, i wanna do it, but buying tires is gunna be expensive, well just stretch them on.

i loved my sol dumbed, still enough wheel clearance to flick the steering and get a good turn (tucking rim with perfect camber on 17s)

i like it.

do you think he should have done a civic front end conversion on it?

h22 turbo is fail?

maybe he should have done tein s techs, stock shocks and rota j mags instead of airbags and 17x9 . that would have gotten him in s3mag.

carbon fiber hood not shut fully at a car show makes the body lines off?

the interior is stock black and gray

rota jmags, currently have a set on layaway cause im a broke MF :)

PS humpries, it doesnt even look good so it fails on both accounts.

Poke and stretch = fail

carbon on a car that wont see any improvement from it = fail

hella flush = fail

more lights than a church on xmas = fail

hood pins not seated correctly = fail

huge ass windshield banner = fail

huge ass front and rear lips w/ stock side skirts = fail

any honda on air = fail

Id really hate to see the job he did on the interior, probably looks like a preschool or a crayola factory on the inside with crap all over the place.

Atleast I admit my car looks like a bag of ass, hes just in denial. I mean hes got body gaps that rival in comparison to pam an or the grand canyon.

you_mad.jpg

that hood is shut all the way, just is either a crappy hood or was aligned badly, look right at the front by the grill, its tight against that, and above the corner light its tight, but then it bowes up in the middle on the fender and then goes back down to tight at the rear of the fender.... meaning its not aligned properly, also it looks like the drivers side headlight is just sitting in there.

carbon fiber hood not shut fully at a car show makes the body lines off?

raley beat me to it

most CF pieces for hondas are made from crapty molds and made of fiberglass... most honda owners wont pay the price of a GOOD REAL carbon fiber piece

the crapty molds mean they wont fit right

and that front lip is horrid

I like a good tuck and stance but that looks like WAY too much.. just asking for broke crap

Archived