B18cr

akacougar2002

Okay here it goes. I have 10gs to toss into my Integras engine :D Im buying a B18cr and i plan on doing a turbo build on it running 20psi. I have a pretty good idea on what parts i need but would like to hear some other opinions. So if anyone would like to list every single part and brand name i will need for this build (from turbo to oil), It would be much appreciated. This is alot of money to drop into my 2nd gen da so to know the best of options could be helpful, so i dont waste my savings lol, THANKS :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm well i dont want anything else lol. I already put 10gs into system interior and body, which i know im crazy to put 20gs into an integra but what the hell im 19 with no current responsibility but to work work work :)... Black silver flake paint carbon fiber front lip fenders roof plate hatch and hood. soo there really no point in stopping the build now.

I was thinking for my B18cr is

full Garret turbo kit

* All new Retainers and springs

* Pistons and rods Mahle 9.0:1 Pistons, Mahle Performance Rings, and Eagle 5.430 Rods

* Injectors 550cc

* all new Gaskets

* Port and polish

*block sleeve

and few other goodies to make the build strong

...so i dont waste my savings lol, THANKS :)

Economically, speaking, owning a car itself is a waste of money. Modifying a car is equivalent to lighting money on fire to watch the pretty colors.

Since it sounds like you have minimal experience building engines you should just shop around local import shops and get quotes to have one built for you.

oh and 20psi is borderline blowing hot air on most turbos...

Okay thanks for the insight on the 20 psi. blush.gif

Not what I meant

he has no mention of what size turbo he wants to run.. so 20psi doesnt mean a damn thing

and depending on turbo size the injector size may not be adequate

the most important thing about a turbo is probably efficiency... not just slapping it on and turning the boost up

and i call BS on 20k in a car owned by a 19 year old.. i want pics now.. probably spokescar for VIS fake carbon BS

OP needs to spend that money on some books and do the research.. not get on a forum and ask for a build sheet by someone else.. or if he really has that much give it to a shop so he doesnt blow it up

Economically, speaking, owning a car itself is a waste of money. Modifying a car is equivalent to lighting money on fire to watch the pretty colors.

Since it sounds like you have minimal experience building engines you should just shop around local import shops and get quotes to have one built for you.

I am having a local shop do it,. "whites auto" ... Dont have any experience building engines.

Not what I meant

he has no mention of what size turbo he wants to run.. so 20psi doesnt mean a damn thing

and depending on turbo size the injector size may not be adequate

the most important thing about a turbo is probably efficiency... not just slapping it on and turning the boost up

and i call BS on 20k in a car owned by a 19 year old.. i want pics now.. probably spokescar for VIS fake carbon BS

OP needs to spend that money on some books and do the research.. not get on a forum and ask for a build sheet by someone else.. or if he really has that much give it to a shop so he doesnt blow it up

Im not quiet sure of the turbo/ injector size yet. When i get the time(full time job and school ='s ROUGH), I will be figuring out exact details of engine choice and the hp.

I do plan on getting a complete tune also so i dont blow my motor to smithereens 5 minute into driving it.

Well i have been working since i was 14. I bought a 2009 kia forte koup sx last year. BIG MISTAKE AND WASTE OF MONEY. So i figure ill build a car i already like so i know what i am in for. Yes i am embarrassed to say so but the fenders and hood is VIS but defiantly would not say its a spokescar for VIS :sad: Ill be glad to put pictures up to prove im not a liar. If you'd like ill put up pics of my bank statements to if that would make everyone happy enough to just answer my questions instead of ridiculing me :o But ya for those pics give me 2 weeks the car is at a paint shop an hour away from me torn apart atm.

I also want really just looking for a build sheet well kinda. It was more that i have a pretty good idea on what id like to do and parts im gonna need just looking for more opions to broaden spectrum on the whole subject.

40718_1588131816518_1032492384_1657581_2723866_n.jpg

crap... hub caps... i didn't even put much time into you and i still feel like i got screwed... your car is worth about 1k... yeah i said it... its a DA with stockies... good luck.

Okay thanks go waste your time somewhere else then. :laugh: :laugh: Didnt say the car was anything special in that pic. Thats the start, not the end

Thought forums were for help. But seems like "Most People" on this one likes to just rude. Ill just stick to G2IC a NON judgmental zone

But thanks to who actually helped and if anyone else would still like to help id still appreciate it :)

... If you'd like ill put up pics of my bank statements to if that would make everyone happy enough to just answer my questions instead of ridiculing me :o ...

Point has been missed. Why pay someone 20k to do stuff to a car when you can do it yourself? You will learn something, save a TON of money and be able to be proud of your efforts. If you did, in-fact, spend 20k then you could have easily put that down on a house, condo or a nice apt with a garage and bought all the tools you needed to do all the work you propose. Obviously, there are some tasks best left to professionals because the machinery and equipment is too expensive for an individual to own, but still.

Forums are not for help, they are for people to post thoughts or ideas and other people to comment on them, for better or worse.

Me pointing out that you overspent IS being helpful. 5 years, maybe 10 years from now you are going to look back at 19 and go "WTF was I thinking?"

Point has been missed. Why pay someone 20k to do stuff to a car when you can do it yourself? You will learn something, save a TON of money and be able to be proud of your efforts. If you did, in-fact, spend 20k then you could have easily put that down on a house, condo or a nice apt with a garage and bought all the tools you needed to do all the work you propose. Obviously, there are some tasks best left to professionals because the machinery and equipment is too expensive for an individual to own, but still.

Forums are not for help, they are for people to post thoughts or ideas and other people to comment on them, for better or worse.

Me pointing out that you overspent IS being helpful. 5 years, maybe 10 years from now you are going to look back at 19 and go "WTF was I thinking?"

O okay gotcha. I would love to do it myself and im going to school for that sort of stuff atm actually. But I want the engine done asap and i want to make sure its done right. I have a d16 out my old 1st gen tegg that i plan on building on my own in spring. Im really not interested in getting a house anytime soon and when i do im sure to have another 20g saved. i don't spend money at all besides on my cars. I already have 30g worth of snap on craftsman and mac tools my grandfather left me when he passed on (RIP) ,,

Ya that is a good point,, There are better investments obv that will help me in the future but then again who knows i might not be around then either. This really isn't necessary to say but ive been having health issues in and out the hospital and what not for the past and isn't getting better :blush: so that makes it much easier for me to spend all this money on what to be said, the worst investment a person can have.. a car.

by saying you dont know turbo sizing but want 20 psi just enforces the fact you have no idea what you are getting into and need to do more research

and vis isnt actually carbon btw.. its fiberglass with a layer or so of CF to make it look like that

What exactly are you going to school for? Also, you could walk into a shop with 10k in your pocket and ask for a turbo setup.... they will take it all and give you junk for 200 bucks and without you knowing anything youll be screwed0.

What exactly are you going to school for? Also, you could walk into a shop with 10k in your pocket and ask for a turbo setup.... they will take it all and give you junk for 200 bucks and without you knowing anything youll be screwed0.

Im doing OCM Boces. The program certifies me in NATEF. We are taught. Brake Systems, Electrical and Electronic Systems, Engine Performance, and Suspension and Steering. Classroom and lab time will be combined with a three-week internship with a local employer to prepare you for this high-demand occupation. and then i am planning to go to Lincoln for a advance education.

Yes i know i dont know much about turbos.

1320 will take care of the turbo datails, of what i slack on knowledge.

and vis isnt actually carbon btw.. its fiberglass with a layer or so of CF to make it look like that

I wish i could find somewhere that just makes and sells the fiberglass pieces. i don't want cf anything on my car but would be interested in glass parts. have even contemplated trying my hand at making my own - no doubt I could figure it out but I seriously lack the free time for that amount of play.

You could just get CF or the fiberglass/CF and get it painted.. looks the same with the same weight savings

We keep talking about the same stuff with the supras.. fat ass cars need to be lighter but I dont want CF splattered all over the car so painting over will probably be the best bet

and I agree about be careful with what shop you choose

Archived