B18cr

akacougar2002

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not

you will be altering the weight distribution.. and not to mention you cant change the entire frame and chassis of a car

you are full of crap and have no idea what you are talking about if you say a integra with "suspension" will outdo a 350z, 370z, gt-r, evo, wrx, etc, etc on a road course

not to mention most honda swaps ADD more weight to the car and just add to the understeer

you may be able to make it 'ride' OKAY but you'll never have the ride quality and handling of a car engineered and built for the purpose

okay maybe it wont be as good but im not planning on doing any competitive track racing just for fun and maybe some drag. Im just looking to have a fun nice summer car. I'll put some Ef knuckles ITR sway..

The weight distribution will be mostly evened out with the system, external fuel cell and batteries.

trunk space can actually be increased with adding a fuel cell...

but you gotta go from the 12gal to the 8gal... or something of the sort, cut out the old tank, trunk floor, and then fab up a new floor and mount cell, now some tech i have heard required the cell be be sealed from the cab... so you gotta watch out about that kinda stuff...

most people just set them in the trunk and bolt them in.. aka losing trunk space

and most events requires a lot of requirements for a fuel cell and i believe most street classes wont allow fuel cells.. but i doubt he'll be doing any racing that requires tech

not

you will be altering the weight distribution.. and not to mention you cant change the entire frame and chassis of a car

you are full of crap and have no idea what you are talking about if you say a integra with "suspension" will outdo a 350z, 370z, gt-r, evo, wrx, etc, etc on a road course

not to mention most honda swaps ADD more weight to the car and just add to the understeer

you may be able to make it 'ride' OKAY but you'll never have the ride quality and handling of a car engineered and built for the purpose

actually i have seen a 98 ITR beating porches and ferraris around a road course a good while back.. so it is possible

and no the porches were not stock.. the ferraris yes

but i do remember the video quite well because i was amazed that a ITR was killing all these BA cars around a track.. and the teg was boosted, could DEF hear the BOV on the video

yah and a mini also only lost to a porsche by less then a second on an autocross track

cars have things they are good at and things they are not

and what model/year were these porshes and ferrais? who was driving them? what class were they in? and was this just a track day or actual racing? I find it interesting that modified porsches would be in a class with stock vehicles and then a modified integra? classing doesnt normally work like that unless everyone was in a super modified class.. you can get bumped into a different class on tire size alone

and track conditions and DRIVER says a lot about what will happen.. which is why a miata can do so much better then corvettes on some tracks

and i'd still rather have a FERRAI instead of an integra

Archived