headlights

a7xdex

Yes.

am I going to?

No.

Because frankly they look like dog sh!t and if i see another damn HONDA with halos im going to throw a brick through their windshield. You dont drive a damn BMW, Halos are NOT cool, they make you look like a mexican ass ricer, the next step on your long downward spiral involves unpainted fiberglass body kits, underglow neons, chrome hubcap spinners, stick on roof scoop, and a huge mural on your hood.

DO NOT START ON THAT PATH, PUT THE RICE DOWN, STEP AWAY FROM THE RICE.

Yes.

am I going to?

No.

Because frankly they look like dog sh!t and if i see another damn HONDA with halos im going to throw a brick through their windshield. You dont drive a damn BMW, Halos are NOT cool, they make you look like a mexican ass ricer, the next step on your long downward spiral involves unpainted fiberglass body kits, underglow neons, chrome hubcap spinners, stick on roof scoop, and a huge mural on your hood.

DO NOT START ON THAT PATH, PUT THE RICE DOWN, STEP AWAY FROM THE RICE.

I have halos on my Civic. I didn't know you felt that way about me. :sad:

Hail Mary, full of grace.

Our Lord is with you.

Blessed are you among women,

and blessed is the fruit of your womb,

Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,

pray for us sinners,

now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

did you say bi xena? Hells yes!

I took that pic the night I wired them up, I am 99% positive they don't work anymore anyway. It's been ages since I have driven my car, let alone driven it in the dark.

i had halo projectors on the old civic and i didnt go all ricey lol. i thought they were pretty cool and put out a much better amount of light than the oem headlights with nokya bulbs. id probably rock another set on an eg but thatd be about it.

dont get me wrong, im all about projectors, esp retrofits if your running HIDS, but the halo part of it.... just retarded, its like putting z3 fenders on a civic.

And before you say they dont make non halo projectors for civics, im running a pair right now w/ tsx projectors inplace of the stock ones (TYCs), there are also denjis (which are fugly IMO)

2009_08130001.jpg

Since then however I have also swapped out h1 5k HIDs out for the tired old halogens in the high beams. Now all i need to do is swap some 3ks into my fogs to get rid of the dim as hell halogens.

only problem with buying is 99.9% of the time the optics are set up for halogens and not HIDs which give a VERY different light pattern.

what do you mean on that one? like the housing even though retrofitted won't emit light properly?..

no i mean that you can buy projectors from ebay (the gaylos, tycs, denjis) but the optics in them are not designed for HIDs. Granted a projector designed for halogens will give off better light with HIDs than a stock reflector would, you still do not get a sharp cut off, so a little glare will still happen. So ultimately the best way to go is to retrofit. Or comprimise like I did with buying a set of TYC's and just changing out the optics with the TSX's optics.

no i mean that you can buy projectors from ebay (the gaylos, tycs, denjis) but the optics in them are not designed for HIDs. Granted a projector designed for halogens will give off better light with HIDs than a stock reflector would, you still do not get a sharp cut off, so a little glare will still happen. So ultimately the best way to go is to retrofit. Or comprimise like I did with buying a set of TYC's and just changing out the optics with the TSX's optics.

ah ok that's what I thought you were getting at but wasn't positive.

Archived