deltegra

JDMB16A-DELSOL

hi there everyone, i have a 95delsol in the works with the front end switch with a 95tegra front. i have everything done! but the dam fenders!! an i need help with them very badly.. i have been working on them aaalll ddaaayyy lloonggee an trashed three fenders now an some money so i quit to find info on where to cut them an some pics or anything. but... i cant find sh*t on that.. so if any one can help with pics of the cuts on the fenders or anything on how to do the fenders please help asap! thank you all for the help!

done this twice, just with an eg

Step 1 put sol fenders onto the car, in mid arch cut straight down with a thin cutting blade.

step 2 cut pretty close to mid arch with the teggy fender, and slide it UNDER the rest of the sol fender that is still attached to the car and cut the teggy fender where they meet up

step 3 butt weld the 2 pieces together, lightly tacking in 1inch incriments, use a flat head screwdriver to pry the panels into shape as you tack weld them

step 4 weld the seam

step 5 grind flush

step 6 body filler/ sand/ glaze/ sand then prime paint and viola.

ill put up some pics

the first sol is teh first eg front i did, did it all in a weekend

P1010026.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010029.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010035.jpg

and the 2nd one i did that is my current DD

DSCF0287.jpg

Still need to finish the antenna delete, finish trimming the fenders (the arches for the conversion car sit 1/2 lower usualy, youll have to grind them to match the arch), glaze again, then strip, fill all the dings in the car and paint.

You need anymore help feel free to shoot me a pm.

i will get some of mine up soon... i see where u cut thos but when u see my pics of the car u will see my problem on cutting up there cause for me i have an almost half inch gap on the fender hight with the hood... give me a second an i will post some pics shortly

so as u see i have a gap an not to sure on how to fill it. cause i have tried to rase the front of the fender but closed the back so even if i put the front of the tegy fender on i will still have a gap... i am stuck on this last touch as u can see

looks like the entire bumper is too high all around. like you need to bring it down a couple inches.

and of course nothing is going to line up correctly. your putting the wrong panels on the car. you are going to have to get creative with the welding and filler to pull it off.

pics of the teggy coresupport? I think you are off on the placement of it, bumper is up too high, also which hinges are you using? You do realize the hinges need to be custom fabbed right, or atleast heavily moddified. But i am pretty sure your big error is the core support.

i put it dam ner right where i took the delsol ones off an the bumper is at the same hight from ground as it was on the tegy too.. an no i didnt know i had to use custom ones i just drilled out the tegy ones to fit hood.. an it looks off cause that dam weather striping on the front is comming off...

take some better pics for me, close up of the hood open, fenderlines, bare support, etc, because something is REALLY off. Did you compensate for the drop off on the fenderlines? teggys have pretty much a straight fenderline, where as teh sol has a declining fenderline, that might be your issue, the only way to fix it is to take the donors fenderline and add to the sol's fenderline.

well if i would put a tegy fender up on the car it would line up perfect like dam ner spot on. but wont fit the door so i was thinging maybe cut the back an not the front like u did use like 90% of the tegy fender an the 10%of the back sol fender? but like u said they dont match up good in the centers cause the sols carve an the tegys flatnes... so i wonder how the back would line up??

the body lines wont match up if you cut the fenders that way, im telling you something is wrong with how you have it set up. Get me the pictures i asked for and i am sure I could tell you whats wrong. After all ive done 2 egs and helped out with an ek and a itr conversion (itr and ek look like ass imo)

having the core support and bumper at the same height and alignment as the teg is incorrect. your car is a del sol. you need to test fit the fenders on, put the hood on and adjusted it to line up with the fenders, then test fit the bumper to figure out where to weld the core support on.

I hate being the bearer of bad news but I'm betting a dollar that you need to start completely over.

Archived