Block Damage

***sorry for crappy pics. its with an old camera. if you want better pics ill text them to you

so in light of someone possibly buying my stuff i decided to give everything a once over just for good ole sake. well its a good thing i did. there is damage to the block. the surface that meets the transmission is scarred and almost looks like its been welded.....do you think its going to effect anything? or should i just junk it? because i dont feel right selling this and it going kaboom

000_1891.jpg

000_1894.jpg

000_1895.jpg

000_1897.jpg

000_1899.jpg

000_1900.jpg

000_1902.jpg

000_1903.jpg

000_1885.jpg

000_1886.jpg

000_1887.jpg

000_1888.jpg

000_1890.jpg

How many fuucking times you gonna post pics of the same thing at different angles and each pic blurrier than the one before??:laugh:

how about now pics at all you dinosaur? lol

holy bad pic batman! :)

yeah i know lol. i need a new camera bad.

so what do you guys think about the damage though? work fixing or trash it?

maybe try to place a nice flat piece of something up aginst it and see if it sits flush against it. if not id think it be a hazard to whomeever bought it. if you are gonna trash it send it to me. iv been lookin for a block to set a piece of glass on to make a coffee table :p. ill pm you my number so if you do decide to trash it you can let me kno.

hey that is a good idea for a coffee table haha. didnt think of that lol.

it looks like someone tried to pry the transmission out with a flat tip screw driver. it sits flush against the bell housing/tranny. the only thing that worries me is the top burrs effecting the mounting of the head. ill see if a machinist thinks its salvageable lol. but it should be

yeah its not that big of a deal man, you should be fine since that is a minial joining plane with the head. Just when you take it into the machine shop to have it decked have them clean it up.

how about now pics at all you dinosaur? lol

yeah i know lol. i need a new camera bad.

so what do you guys think about the damage though? work fixing or trash it?

Problem with camera is focus. Not enough light for it to focus correctly. Add light. Work lights, or sunlight and then snap pics.

yeah it's fine. It's just from someone trying to separate the transmission..It can be a pita with those dowel pins some times.

yeah thats what the machinist said. he said to just take a really fine file to it

I agree, just take a file to edges that are marred up, and it will purty it up a bit.:)

yessir thats what machinist said. i just panicked when i saw it

yeah its not that big of a deal man, you should be fine since that is a minial joining plane with the head. Just when you take it into the machine shop to have it decked have them clean it up.

they said its not bad enough to deck. he said a file and really fine grit sand paper would do better and wouldnt cost money

Problem with camera is focus. Not enough light for it to focus correctly. Add light. Work lights, or sunlight and then snap pics.

i had a light. then it got too bright. the camera has no focus lol. it takes pictures like a throw away camera hahaha

• 1 month later...

that is from someone prying the tranny off the engine , 100%. it doesnt look too too bad. use sandpaper and a block to smooth it out , no more than you have to. make sure there is no high spots.

that is from someone prying the tranny off the engine , 100%. it doesnt look too too bad. use sandpaper and a block to smooth it out , no more than you have to. make sure there is no high spots.

i used a machinists straight edge and a very very fine file. looks like glass almost now.

Archived