d16z6

redneck

my buddie has a d16z6 he want to let go for 650 obo (hes tired of craigs list) its got new head gasket, t belt, pistin rings, clutch, flywheel, water pump, jdm cam and high comp pistions (preety mych a rebuild) that worth it? or a mini me swap better? thanks for everyones help/answers.

my buddie has a d16z6 he want to let go for 650 obo (hes tired of craigs list) its got new head gasket, t belt, pistin rings, clutch, flywheel, water pump, jdm cam and high comp pistions (preety mych a rebuild) that worth it? or a mini me swap better? thanks for everyones help/answers.

thats the cost of a complete LS..so I'd say no go..

I actually say if it was done right and runs properly and doesnt have many miles on it then yah its a decent deal for a quick but reliable motor

it dosent have much miles on it. i was thinkin that motor would be better to soup up than the stalk d15b7 motor i currently have 2 of...the motor thas in right now is not a bad motor no leaks a few small issues tho but basically a good running motor im gunna keep as a back up motor. but all yall are more educated than i am on this stuff. just askin yalls advice.

do i need the right ecu or will mine work with the z6 motor? i have no idea what one i have it the stalk ecu from 92

yoll have to get the p28 ecu for the z6.

i think he has one. what bout the stalk trannie? will that work? just want to get all the right infor befor i buy it and slap it in and find out crap dont bolt on and miss out on work. know what i mean?

here is another on involving the z6. doing a mini me swap on the z6 with the y8 stuff? or dose that defete the putpose cuz bolth heads are vtec righ? (thinkk i just answered my own question lol)

what alot of people will do is bolt the IM from a y8 to the z6, its a little better flowing. The heads themselves if i remeber right are also a lil different, the y8 will net 5 or so extra hp from what i have read over the z6, but honestly its not worth the effort.

d bolts to d

and you cant do a mini me swap with a z6.. a mini me swap is a d15 block with a z6 head

did not look up that part. my bad.

Archived