Another new owner in need of upgrade/improvement assistance.

OldSchool007

i agree with colter. that or we can just - rep to the age of soless honda haha

nah we will be nice. first strike is free.

we will just have to swat you with a news paper or something.....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with colter. that or we can just - rep to the age of soless honda haha

nah we will be nice. first strike is free.

we will just have to swat you with a news paper or something.....

Part of it was the repairs were killing me financially at the time. I found out after I sold it that there were several aftermarket things that could have been done to fix the reliability issues I was having and really improve the overall performance of the car....I just try to right that off to youthful ignorance. One day I shall have another one....just need to finish school first!

Latest actual update on the car....

Part of the suspension isues turned out to be that a number of the bushings are totally shot, so a complete bushing replacement kit has been ordered and should be here tomorrow. The brake lines are orginal, and are being upgraded to SS brake lines and hopefully that should take care of the brake feel issue. The goal is to have the car back on the road by Friday...we will see how that goes.

26 is over rated and doesnt fit in anything.. 25 is better IMO

sr20 -> overdone and overrated smile.gif

soo.. what isnt overrated or overdone?

pretty sure if you do ANYTHING in the modifying world it will already have been done numerous times.. SR's and RB26's but hell so are LS1's now.. and im assuming a J swap in a honda is overdone and overrated now and not worth the money..

ding ding round two and in the blue corner we have brian with a eg2 b18c1 and in the red corner we have sarah with a eg2 with a d16z6 :laugh: so lets measere dicks again lol :laugh: and take this thread away from someone. what has hf came to

well no crap there is no way in hell to do something that someone, somewere has not done. you will never be the first to do sh!t in the tuner world lol hate to say it

That's why I don't make decisions based on being original, but based on what makes me happy, and what I want to drive. I figure some people will like it and others will have issues with it. Personally I like things that look stocck, but a little tweaked for functionality. That's what I loved abou my Prelude, most people thought it was just a really clean 3rd Gen Prelude until they really started looking at the car, but still wouldn't get a true feel for what was going on unless I allowed them to pop up the hood. I usually approach a project from the standpoint of, "what would the engineers have done to improve the platform?".

ding ding round two and in the blue corner we have brian with a eg2 b18c1 and in the red corner we have sarah with a eg2 with a d16z6 laugh.gif so lets measere dicks again lol laugh.gif and take this thread away from someone. what has hf came to

laugh.gif

and i dont have z6... nice job on the corners matching the cars though lol... and i'm pretty sure i'd lose a dork measuring contest because of a lack of one but w/e thats not the point of this thread

I slightly agree with brian and slightly dont

if everyone had 20k+ to put a 26 in a 240 then yes it would be overdone.. but its not worth it.. its practically the same motor as the 25.. which is now getting done a lot more since the price has been dropping.. for a while sr's were cheapest so they are in everything

Ls1's have been slut motors for a while now and no one can say otherwise

but I think it's safe to say that the guy who painted my car came up with something orginal.. not so much anymore.. the shows i go to every year are starting to sprout cars with similar features..

not so much the front.. was talking to quite a few people about it in greenville the other weekend because they hadnt seen an eg front conversion

That's why I don't make decisions based on being original, but based on what makes me happy, and what I want to drive. I figure some people will like it and others will have issues with it. Personally I like things that look stocck, but a little tweaked for functionality. That's what I loved abou my Prelude, most people thought it was just a really clean 3rd Gen Prelude until they really started looking at the car, but still wouldn't get a true feel for what was going on unless I allowed them to pop up the hood. I usually approach a project from the standpoint of, "what would the engineers have done to improve the platform?".

Back to thread:

good way of looking at it.. just found out my supra was one of <1200 made that year so i feel bad about motor swapping.. still doing it though

let me know how the SS brake lines feel.. still havent had time to put them on mine

laugh.gifwtf are you talking about.. hopefully not me

i was commenting on the rb vs sr thing we were talking about and the overrated/overdone thing.. i've been doing nothing besides participating in the convo and hopefully helping the OP out

this forum is so pissy laugh.gif

no more posts unless directly related to OP and him needing more help

Latest actual update on the car....

Part of the suspension isues turned out to be that a number of the bushings are totally shot, so a complete bushing replacement kit has been ordered and should be here tomorrow. The brake lines are orginal, and are being upgraded to SS brake lines and hopefully that should take care of the brake feel issue. The goal is to have the car back on the road by Friday...we will see how that goes.

So when you say complete bushing kit, do you mean Energy Suspension?? If so did you order trailing arm bushings separate? As they are not included in the kit.

So when you say complete bushing kit, do you mean Energy Suspension?? If so did you order trailing arm bushings separate? As they are not included in the kit.

It's the Energy kit, and yeah the trailing arm busings were ordered seperately. Everything should be here today, but the question is, "what time today?".

laugh.gif

good way of looking at it.. just found out my supra was one of <1200 made that year so i feel bad about motor swapping.. still doing it though

let me know how the SS brake lines feel.. still havent had time to put them on mine

I can understand how you would feel a little conflicted on doing a motor swap versus a restoration on that one. That is one of the main reasons why I am prettty much keeping my 8 stock. They made 10,000 of the 40th Anniversary editions worldwide, but it is such a unique exterior/interior color combo, and the stock rims were specific to that model, that I can't see messing with it.

It's the Energy kit, and yeah the trailing arm busings were ordered seperately. Everything should be here today, but the question is, "what time today?".

There is a secret to the shifter bushings unless they finally changed the design on them.:D

are those good? I've been thinking about getting them for a while

I can understand how you would feel a little conflicted on doing a motor swap versus a restoration on that one. That is one of the main reasons why I am prettty much keeping my 8 stock. They made 10,000 of the 40th Anniversary editions worldwide, but it is such a unique exterior/interior color combo, and the stock rims were specific to that model, that I can't see messing with it.

well I see it as making it how it *should* be.. a true jza70 with a 1jz and everything.. just LHD and a little work done :)

If you want a set I have a spare set I am not going to use, brand new in box. I used them on my first samba and they were good.:)

well I see it as making it how it *should* be.. a true jza70 with a 1jz and everything.. just LHD and a little work done :)

Especially switching it to standard....a sports car should be standard, especially from that generation before the supercar world revolutionized the automatic transmission.

Especially switching it to standard....a sports car should be standard, especially from that generation before the supercar world revolutionized the automatic transmission.

Once a autotragic, always a autotragic!:dry:

laugh.gifwtf are you talking about.. hopefully not me

i was commenting on the rb vs sr thing we were talking about and the overrated/overdone thing.. i've been doing nothing besides participating in the convo and hopefully helping the OP out

this forum is so pissy laugh.gif

no more posts unless directly related to OP and him needing more help

im just talking in general haha

If you want a set I have a spare set I am not going to use, brand new in box. I used them on my first samba and they were good.:)

damn sarah beat me to it. if she doesnt buy pm me a price. i need new bushings

Archived