mpg?

jkm345

My old del Sol Si (1995... d16z6) was consistent with 35-38 MPG, sometimes it'd squeeze a little more out of a tank. (Prelude has thus far gotten a max of maybe 29 MPG.)

Velocifero... I was *this* close to buying a 94 Accord w/ an H22 swap after I blew my a4. It was an older H22, though, so I opted for the JDM H23A VTEC engine instead.

My old del Sol Si (1995... d16z6) was consistent with 35-38 MPG, sometimes it'd squeeze a little more out of a tank. (Prelude has thus far gotten a max of maybe 29 MPG.)

Velocifero... I was *this* close to buying a 94 Accord w/ an H22 swap after I blew my a4. It was an older H22, though, so I opted for the JDM H23A VTEC engine instead.

Ughh I still think the swapped Accord woulda been sweeter...Close to same power but probably 4 doors and more space all around, at the same weight. Dang!

Ughh I still think the swapped Accord woulda been sweeter...Close to same power but probably 4 doors and more space all around, at the same weight. Dang!

I was only going to buy it to swap the engine into my Prelude. Then I was going to just grab an Accord engine, throw that in the Accord, and sell it.

I was only going to buy it to swap the engine into my Prelude. Then I was going to just grab an Accord engine, throw that in the Accord, and sell it.

Oh....nevermind then. You lost about 5 cool points there.

Oh....nevermind then. You lost about 5 cool points there.

It's a good thing I have an endless supply of them :-P

• 1 month later...

95 ex coupe, full 95 gsr swap, lowered, skunk 2 intake, skunk 2 catback 60mm mega power r exhaust, blox 68mm throttle body, weapon r intake, 16 inch rims, ebay headers, chamber kit, full interior, short throw, that's about it a few more mods for visual but yeah. but i drive the speed limit and i also beat on it a lot, but intown i get anywhere 34 to 38 mpg. and on the interstate doin the same speed, usually 70 to 80 mph, and i get a lil over 50 mpg.

95 ex coupe, full 95 gsr swap, lowered, skunk 2 intake, skunk 2 catback 60mm mega power r exhaust, blox 68mm throttle body, weapon r intake, 16 inch rims, ebay headers, chamber kit, full interior, short throw, that's about it a few more mods for visual but yeah. but i drive the speed limit and i also beat on it a lot, but intown i get anywhere 34 to 38 mpg. and on the interstate doin the same speed, usually 70 to 80 mph, and i get a lil over 50 mpg.

You're full of sh*t. Even in 5 speed, your stock motor doesn't get more than 30mpg in your ~2200 lbs Civic and the Integra GS-R gets little over 28mpg at 2500 lbs. You mean to tell me that shaving 300 lbs. will yield an almost 200% improvement in gas mileage? GFTO.

my well broken in 95 sedan with a d15b7 and the dx 5spd got me 35.5mpg this last tank. I filled it up yesterday and I got to thinking....when was the last time I filled the tank on this? Last gas receipt in the glove box was from May.

I call BS on 50mpg as well, but not because he's lying to us. I say that either the mileage is being calculated incorrectly or the diameter of his wheel/tire setup is throwing off the calibration of the speedometer.

You're full of sh*t. Even in 5 speed, your stock motor doesn't get more than 30mpg in your ~2200 lbs Civic and the Integra GS-R gets little over 28mpg at 2500 lbs. You mean to tell me that shaving 300 lbs. will yield an almost 200% improvement in gas mileage? GFTO.

okay first of i dont bull$hit about mpg or anything really. and my bad for not being clear, when i drove form indiana to north carolina, which is a 12 hour trip and roughly 650 miles, i only drove til i had half tank left from a full tank and i was averaging around 400 on 4 gallons of 97 octane. do the math. i only stopped once to fill up and i filled up before i left, but that was before i put on the intake manifold and throttle body on. but now after i put that $hit on, i filled up yesterday as a matter of fact with my tank almost empty, i got 254 miles on 97 octane, before i had to fill it up on 8 gallons. now that i dont really drive on the interstate so i cant tell you what im getting now but it was around 50 mpg. so call bull$hit if you want but i can't lie cheat or steal. oorah!

and ifyi i didnt have to fill up til i was passing through Va going into north carolina, i lived a hour north from louisville, ky so go on google maps and look it up. i would also like you to factor in that most of the trip for me was down hill seeing how i was driving south through mountains.

i was averaging around 400 on 4 gallons of 97 octane. do the math.

100mpg? Put down the shrooms and stop posting. You aren't making any sense. Take your car, top off the tank, drive a while (200+ miles) top off tank again, divide miles driven by gallons put in, then you do the math. And don't say anything over 30 mpg or it's obvious you're full of complete sh*t.

My previous assumption is correct. He is calculating the mileage incorrectly by estimating.

In order to determine fuel mileage you have to fill your fuel tank up. Don't top off. Just let the auto shut off switch kick off and don't put another drop in. Hit the trip meter on the dashboard. Drive for a few days. Fill up the car (if possible at the same station and even using the same pump if possible). Take the exact miles you have driven to the tenths and divide that by the exact number of gallons pumped to the thousandths. Then post your numbers.

100mpg? Put down the shrooms and stop posting. You aren't making any sense. Take your car, top off the tank, drive a while (200+ miles) top off tank again, divide miles driven by gallons put in, then you do the math. And don't say anything over 30 mpg or it's obvious you're full of complete sh*t.

okay obvisiously not 100, figured you be smart and know that thats 8 gallons.when i was sayin 50 mpg

pics of proof.

okay next time i fill up i will take a pic drive til im on E and take another pic. when i get that crap ill post it but, ive been driving my car for two days now and only used a lil over 1/4 tank of fuel. but ill post those pics before tuesday, cause thats when i go on leave. btw its not the highway miles like i said before i dont need to drive on the highway but ill do the 32 mpg one.

In my old silver sol 60mpg was not unheard of, granted it was a y7 that had a reduced intake dia, rad block, LRR tires, and I hypermiled the crap outa that car, but a GSR swap getting over 35 is BS. In my b7 I only get maybe 30, in the boosted z6 i get about 28

Archived