Del Tegra?

SmokeyVtec

I know I will probably get S**t for this but,

I have the opportunity to get an entire 98 integra front end for $125.

I know I have the ability to do it and I kinda like the pics I have seen of then but please give me your thoughts.

Don't hold back I'm a big boy and understand everyone is entitled to there opinion and wouldn't ask if I couldn't take the beating I'm expecting for this.

Thanks

it aint easy thats for sure, and by front end what all parts are you saying because you will need the following

Core support

hood

fenders (sol and teg)

hood latch

hood latch cable

headlights

signal lights

Hood hinges (sol and teg)

Youll need the following tools

Standard wrenches & sockets

BFH (big fking hammer)

mig welder

random orbit sander

body filler file

angle grinder

air chisel

drill w/ assorted carbide tips

plasma cutter (dont need it but it makes life 100X easier)

I did my second one not that long ago, my build thread will show the progress i made on it. If you need any help let me know.

it aint easy thats for sure, and by front end what all parts are you saying because you will need the following

Core support

hood

fenders (sol and teg)

hood latch

hood latch cable

headlights

signal lights

Hood hinges (sol and teg)

Youll need the following tools

Standard wrenches & sockets

BFH (big fking hammer)

mig welder

random orbit sander

body filler file

angle grinder

air chisel

drill w/ assorted carbide tips

plasma cutter (dont need it but it makes life 100X easier)

I did my second one not that long ago, my build thread will show the progress i made on it. If you need any help let me know.

All those part are included. I beat this guy on Craigs down from $400. The core support is all I have to take off his car. The sol part I have obviously. Yours in the sig looks like a ITR this is off a ls. Thanks for the offer of help if I decide to do it I am sure I will ask,

I might just flip it but, he had it on craigs for over 2 months (reposted) and didn't have anyone else offer anything. So I might not be able to sell it after I get it.

I like to be a little different and can only even find a few pics of them. Some look real clean others look like crap.

Thanks for the comments keep em coming.

yeah mine is actually a eg hatch front end, and IMO teg front ends dont match up well with the lines on the sol, but to each his own.

Also seb that car was on my desktop for 6 months at one point, it was damn near flawless, had pictures of it up in my garage as motivation to work on mine actually :)

To be honest tho man, the main reason people do front end conversions is to save a sol from the scrap pile. When i wrecked my first sol I looked at how much it would cost to put a sol front end back on. IIRC it was around 2k, where as doing an eg hatch conversion ran me a little over 200 (mainly because all but a couple of my parts were donated to me by other solers). Then when i bought my 2nd sol for 500 and all NEW parts ran me a little over 400. (originaly the PO was asking for 800, but when I told him I was buying it and putting it back on the road and not just parting it out he cut me a deal) i had fallen in love with the eg front end on a sol, so decided that I would put it on this one as well since it needed a whole new front end. So to destroy the front end of a perfectly fine sol just doesnt seem right. If anything I would spend that money towards restoring the paint on your car as it is now, and upgrading it a bit.

But those are just my .02

deff dont do that its ugly

vouch on the ugly part. but also who ever did it did an exellent job black is a very hard car to get look that clean . that car was prolly one of the garage kept , old lady driven , 1 owner type a deals .

Yeah I've seen those pics. I like the way they both look and I love acura emblems but I think I am going to just leave the sol the way it was intended. Well see as my wife likes to say "sometimes I just do things just to prove I can". That drives her crazy. lol

Archived