FML- Insurance Questions

tallhamer88

So me being a nice guy like i am. A friend of mine was giving away a 46inch tv. So i said heck yes i will take it. we strapped it down and everything and it slipped out of the tie downs and fell and broke my rear slider on my dakota.

It busted the rear window out just the side part of the slider and shattered some glass

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...id=250336099777

there a picture of the slider it just broke the left part as you cxan see there seperated into 3. Any idea how much it cost me to replace? do you think i gotta replace the whole window or just that side peice?

Now insurance wise. If i turn it in i have 100 comprehensive and 250 collision deductible. So it prolly go under comprehensive which to me isnt bad. Now will it be considered a claim? cause i really dont need any more of those at this moment? Bad luck just been Happening past few years. Or does state farm not make it a claim till its over a certain amount. I hate how crap always goes down on weekends and you cant do anything about till monday. Both glass places in DE are closed till monday along with insurance company.

Now it gets worse.. I got a half of tank of gas in my truck and i only have almost 600 dollars saved up in the bank right now. tues both 200 something dollar insurance comes out along with my 200 dollar truck payment so that doesnt leave me with much. if i have to buy new window idk how imma make it to work and back to school and back till next friday. i mean i got like ahalf of tank in the del sol but with all this damn snow/rock salt on the road.. I dont really wanna drive it.. Who would?

But reallly i could use all the help imma take pix of it tomorrow and call around and see what the hell i can do about it..

anytime you tell the insureance company ANYTHING happened it is considered a claim. To be honest you could proabably find one in the junk yard and replace it yourself, or a glazier would end up replacing it for proabably about 200 anyways. So, dont tell the insurance company and handle it out of pocket, else your rates might get jacked.

'cmgogo' is right, any incident is considered a claim. I think the only way it is not considered a claim is if they do not pay anything. Even then, the event affects your risk assesment which will make your rates go up.

If you can afford the repair, especially if the cost of the repair is below the deductible, do not tell the insurance company anything.

talked with 24hr mutual aid insurance from state farm. they said they dont even write a claim they just have a company come right out to have it fixed. yea so looks like they will be fixing it. its 547.95 dollars and no junkyads around here have any.

even calling your agent and accessing your account for a claim estimate can make your rates go up even if you do not file the claim!

duct tape and cardboard until next paycheck.

even calling your agent and accessing your account for a claim estimate can make your rates go up even if you do not file the claim!

duct tape and cardboard until next paycheck.

next pay check not going to do much. I only have like 100 dollars extra each pay check..Reason nothing been done to sol but new door speakers and alarm in almost a year

Im done trying to be a nice guy and give somebody a hand it seems like everytime i do something like that crap goes down on my part.

simple fix= plexi glass. trust me it works. just get clear silicone sealant and cut some plexi glass to fit. it insulates very well.

shouldnt ahve called the 24hr people, they will make a report that you even called in

just let your insurance fix it.. they already know about it.. and its not like its a wreck.. ive had my front windshield worked on like twice already and the insurance pays for it without jacking up rates

plexiglass would work too.. BUT it shatters if it gets hit with large hail.. the old z we have has plexi glass rear window.. but its a thin sheet also

if they take it as collison it be my 3rd claim and my rates would go crazy

but i cant see it going that way i think they will take it as comprehensive to where i pay my 100 dollar deductible they fix it. and we forget.

found a solid glass one at a junkyard for 65 but i digged my slider.. so well see what goes on

i dont think that would fall under collision

Comprehensive insurance coverage protects you against damage done to your car by forces you cannot control: fire, theft, vandalism, and "acts of God" such as severe weather.

Collision insurance coverage protects you against damage you cause on your own. For example, if you cause an accident and hit another car, your liability will pay for the damage to the OTHER driver, but will not pay to fix your car. Your collision coverage will pay to fix your car, minus a deductible that you must pay out of pocket

just tell them it was vandalized lol

i dont think that would fall under collision

just tell them it was vandalized lol

go to jail for insurance fraud no thank you,

u have to have a police record too.

Heres the deal.. Insurance is covering it. Only i will have to pay is the 100 dollar deductible. Glass company said because it was hot in cab and really cold out that night u can take a pen and just tap it against rear window and it will break. So it didnt take much. So my truck is Getting Fixed on Wed.

Archived