when you say "GT" you mean Gran Turismo ? because i havent played any of those since GT2 . i think first person shooters are the way togo. PS3 FTW!!! xbox are junk imo. something to keep in mind it costs alot more for them to make a PS3 then what they sell them for. xbox360 it costs them about a 1/4 to make as what they cost ... almost 90% of xbox's have some sort of issues, like the X clamps and junk thermal paste they use overheating the system's processor .also playstation network onlie is free and have an onbaord wifi card . xbox you have to pay for online and if you wanna use wifi you are required to purchase one . anyway's i could go on for ever about why xbox is junk . all PS3 models are tits doesnt really matter imo which one you get

WEAKSAUCE!

+1

but best gen ps3 is 1st gen (black and chrome) its the backwards compatable one

2nd gen is black and silver and is NOT reverse compatable

3rd gen is slim and it is not reverse compatable

i has 1st gen :thumbsup:

the 2nd gen 80 gig (and only the 80 gig) is backwards compatible on 85% of games. thats what i have. i love it.

I will be getting a new slim 120gb ps3 for Christmas. I thought about the whole backwards compatible thing too, but I still have ps2 for that.

PS I also have a 360 that I got in oct 07 which gave me no problems until last month with it's red light demise, with that said it comes back today repaired FOR FREE!

If you can find one, and they are rare...find the metal gear solid 4 Ps3, its not the slim, but its completely backwards compatible, plus it comes with one of the best games ever for ps3 lol....its an 80GB, ive had two ps3's an original 60GB and the 80GB, the slim is nothing amazing, its the same in essence.

But yea my ps3 sees less action than my 360 cause i prefer the 360, oh and swapping out HDD's in a PS3 is child's play easy as heck, and safe!

If you can find one, and they are rare...find the metal gear solid 4 Ps3, its not the slim, but its completely backwards compatible, plus it comes with one of the best games ever for ps3 lol....its an 80GB,

correction: this is the one I have, i just assumed it was 2nd gen. because the higher GB ones came shortly after. I was told it was 85% backwards comp. by the retailer.

correction: this is the one I have, i just assumed it was 2nd gen. because the higher GB ones came shortly after. I was told it was 85% backwards comp. by the retailer.

I believe this is what some users are considering to be "second gen". The original release was of the 20 & 60gb models. Sony followed those up with the 40gb model that included the Spider-Man 3 blu-ray and the 80gb model that included MotorStorm (the one I have, what a lousy game... it went to eBay), then released the MGS4 bundle. Then the slims were released.

Well, lets just say I have alot of psone and ps2 games, i was able to boot up all the ones and play them on there, 85% backwards compatible? lol i wanna know how they came up with that figure, but yea none the system plays all my games so im good *Thumbs up*

I believe this is what some users are considering to be "second gen". The original release was of the 20 & 60gb models. Sony followed those up with the 40gb model that included the Spider-Man 3 blu-ray and the 80gb model that included MotorStorm (the one I have, what a lousy game... it went to eBay), then released the MGS4 bundle. Then the slims were released.

Before they released the slims they had a 160GB Uncharted bundle as well, then released the slims....

I dunno, sony needs to stop wasting money on creating more PS3's and start signing with exclusive only games...or step up the ps3 network interface....because its not as friendly as xbox live, it is a pain in a$$ sending people messages on there plus you cant chat to someone while your playing a game? I dunno any of this, im rarely on mine, but im thinking of buying a few games for my ps3 so I dont leave it so lonesome anymore lol

really to tell you the truth I really dont think it matters, you'll be playing next gen games on the console, and alot of the ps one classics are coming to the pS network for like 5.99, im kinda wondering why do I even keep my collection when I can get rid of all of em and have digital copies....>_<

really to tell you the truth I really dont think it matters, you'll be playing next gen games on the console, and alot of the ps one classics are coming to the pS network for like 5.99, im kinda wondering why do I even keep my collection when I can get rid of all of em and have digital copies....>_<

Maybe some people don't want to waste HOURS AND HOURS of our lives playing the games again. I sometimes log 100+ hours in some RPGs. Do not want to do that again.

thats just stupid and a waste of good gold....that gold could have gone to better use...like flava flavs teeth or my pocket lol...i would never play that thing....man plus that thing has to weight alot more than that concrete block they call a ps3 1st gen lol

Archived