Ok guys gonna be trying for a ps3 soon. i just wanted to know what model was best. the fat or slim ones? what problems do i look out for other than YLOD?

i want to still be able to play ps2 and ps1 games so i think that may rule out the newer versions

yeah thats how they did it with the ps2. i have a fatboy and a slimline. i loved my fat boy, he lasted for years. and my bother has been through 6 slim lines.

ill probably go for a slim line with 60 gb of hard drive, one controller, memory card, and assassins creed 2 and maybe MW2 if i feel like being gay

Only the 20, 60 and an 80gb model had backwards compatibility. I picked up an 80gb when they came out (2 years ago), and have had no issues. I'm pretty sure only the 120gb and new 250gb are slim, don't think they had an 80gb slim (could be wrong).

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

My PS2 from March of 2001 is still working.

xbox360.jpg

:p

WEAKSAUCE!

fuk xbox.

+1

but best gen ps3 is 1st gen (black and chrome) its the backwards compatable one

2nd gen is black and silver and is NOT reverse compatable

3rd gen is slim and it is not reverse compatable

i has 1st gen :thumbsup:

WEAKSAUCE!

+1

but best gen ps3 is 1st gen (black and chrome) its the backwards compatable one

2nd gen is black and silver and is NOT reverse compatable

3rd gen is slim and it is not reverse compatable

i has 1st gen :thumbsup:

tbh i could care less about them being backwards compatible, i have two ps2's. i just dont want the YLOD or something breaking

Memory card? PS3s have hard drives

Get any backwards compatible PS3 because unlike Xbox, you can put ANY laptop hard drive in here and format them to work. 500 gig is not out of the question. I went out of my way to get a 80gig backwards compatible one. It's the 1st 80 gig they made, not the 2nd remember. I want to play my PS2 games like you. The PS3 has no memory car slots so you need to purchase a memory card adapter. Check Gamestop. Sony makes it. You transfer PS1 or PS2 game data right onto the PS3 hard drive. After that, the adapter is kinda useless until you need to transfer again lol, but no more memory cards! I got mine from Gamestop for $275 or so, same as ebay. It's real quiet too, unlike Xbox...

well i ahve two ps2's so if i want to play a ps2 or ps1 game i have those ps2's...so no biggie. so it doesnt necessairly need to be backwards compatible. i mainly want the ps3 for Assassins creed II lol

PS2 games look better on a PS3. Runs faster too.

true story, you can barely hear the PS3 run compared to the loud clanky fans on the xbox

i have the memory card adaptor.. you can have mine for $5 if you get a 1gen david :p

Archived