1st, BAAAHHHH 2nd, BAAAHHH 3rd boooggggg?

how hard is it to swap a tranny?

Compared to what? In my opinion, it was easier swapping a whole motor with trans attached than it was to just change the trans. And I had a lift.

i had to jack the car up like no other to swap my motors lol

I did my gsr swap on the ground. And I did the trans swap on the lift. Both were a first for me.

The full swap (aside from extra wiring) was just disconnecting plugs and hoses, then unbolting mounts.

The trans presented me with trying to line it up with the motor with a trans jack (dont laugh at me guys) and it took me forever to get it right. lol

• 1 month later...
what can i do to get power in 3rd cause 1st and 2nd is nice...3rd 4th 5th sucks balls, is it cause im still using the cx tranny?, should i throw a better tranny in or what?

boost it :thumbup:

The trans presented me with trying to line it up with the motor with a trans jack (dont laugh at me guys) and it took me forever to get it right. lol

Took me about an hour of wrestling it around with the help of my Dad to get it in. Didn't help that my Dad is useless with vague instructions....

Anyway, getting tranny off is a pain, getting it back on is 3 times worse, but if you've got some help you should be able to do it fairly quickly.

Mine took a week because I was working on it alone 90% of the time... And my swap was put back together with a high power impact driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived