Is it illegal to drive my car without a muffler?

SpeedDemon

well since there is a plug in my exhaust i was wondering if i could just take the muffler off and run the car until the new exhaust came in? i know its gonna be nasty and loud sounding but i really need the car this week.

Depending on the mood of the cop you could get an excessive noise ticket, tampering with emissions system ticket or an exhaust does not exit the vehicle ticket, or all three at the same time.

I say break the old one off, bang it onto the pavement a few times so it is scratched and dented and put the muffler in the back seat. If a cop pulls you over tell them it just fell off today while you were driving, you went and picked it up because you didn't want to litter and broken mufflers are eyesores and that you have or are making a visit to the muffler shop as soon as you are back from school or work or the next morning when they open or whatever fits the current situation.

dont buy a new one at walter mart.

take it off from the header back. lulz.

what exhaust did you get?

its got the oem right now. i think im gonna order the apexi n1 full catback exhaust. $265 shipped

Depending on the mood of the cop you could get an excessive noise ticket, tampering with emissions system ticket or an exhaust does not exit the vehicle ticket, or all three at the same time.

I say break the old one off, bang it onto the pavement a few times so it is scratched and dented and put the muffler in the back seat. If a cop pulls you over tell them it just fell off today while you were driving, you went and picked it up because you didn't want to litter and broken mufflers are eyesores and that you have or are making a visit to the muffler shop as soon as you are back from school or work or the next morning when they open or whatever fits the current situation.

Win. been there done that, it works.

so true itll work, smart. lol

In the state of California, it is NOT illegal to run your car with no muffler. As previously mentioned you will most likely get a ticket for excessive noise. In CA you can modify your exhaust as long as it is POST-CATALYST, they cannot ticket you for modification of your emissions systems for no muffler.

catback is simply that: goes from the catalytic converter back. a universal muffler is simply the muffler (and obviously, the tip).

http://www.buyimportperformance.com/produc...tback%203dr.htm <-- that is not an apex'i n1. it's an n1 style, thus why it's so cheap... you get what you pay for.

LMFAO I WOULD BELIEVE THIS !!!

Archived