Cleaned up my headlight

Rick B.

I used this stuff that I bought at Advanced Auto Parts

IMG_1573.jpg

It worked really really well. It comes with everything you need including two different grit sand paper, polishing compound, ect.

I only need to clear up one headlight because the other one is a year old and still looks new.

before:

DSC_1450.jpg

After:

IMG_1571.jpg

compared to the other headlight:

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

It's crazy how much headlights affects the overall look of a car and how faded ass headlights can make a car look like a huge steaming pile of doo. That said, nicely done, it really brought the car back to life. Those kits are convenient having everything, but it's a basic concept of wetsanding then polishing, which are cheap.

Plast-X would've been better.

how so?

you still have to do the same process. wet sanding, polishing, ect.

this kit was just really convenient and it worked really really well.

I need to do that on my gti. But I have access to a buffer and compound at work so I'll do that.

That did come out really good though. How much was it?

Looks like you should grab a little touch up paint and fill a few of those nicks in the bumper too.

Car looks nice. I am envious. There is a nice wrx for sale on my way to work that has been out there for a couple months and I look at it longingly every time I commute to work....

My Integra's headlights looked as though they'd had Bob Marley blowing smoke on the outside of them.

Not after a simple wax on wax off Plast-X treatment. Didn't have to sand shizzzzzzz.

Don't even know if I have the pictures of before and after on here though. May have been on my laptop which has a fried hard drive.

Did you put any sealant on them?

yellow tech wax, which hasn't been known for its longevity. when they were clean they looked brand new. i haven't had any issues with vapor getting in to the headlight so the inside is still perfect. are there better sealants for plastics or should i just wax them that often?

Archived