Going to Mississippi

Velocifero

Recently, I've changed my job in the Air Force from an aircraft mechanic to Network Warfare. It has more to do with my major in college and should open many doors for me as well as allow me to do what I really want to do in this military. May 26 most likely, I'll be driving from Wilmington, Delaware to Keesler AFB, Mississippi in the city of Biloxi, on the gulf coast. It's an 18 hour drive and I'll be there until at least August 20th. If anyone is in the area, maybe we can meet up. I'd stop along the way but class starts the 28th. Thinkin I'll take two days to drive there. Got a sweet new GPS unit on the way to help me out. Here's the route I'll likely be taking. I hope nothing happens maintenance-wise to the Accord while I'm there. And I probably won't have these two certain parts painted and installed by the time I leave. Phooey.

roadtrip3.png

GL mayne. What kinda GPS you pick up? What parts?

Thanks guys. I did a bit of research and ended up ordering the Garmin Nuvi 760. Consumer Reports best overall unit last year, and plenty of other praise from other places. Pretty affordable now. The parts were an authentic SiR front lip and trunk lid.

I have a Nuvi 255 and it's pretty sweet and easy to use. You should enjoy it. You puttin the lip and trunk on when you get back? What's the diff in the trunk?

I hope so. No more mapquest papers this time. Unless the lip gets here soon to throw some paint on, I'll be forced to wait. The lip in my sig is a fiberglass knockoff of it, but will look like that. When I had the car painted initially, I had them mold the license plate panel to the trunk lid. Dumb idea. Honda designed that for a reason and water began collecting at the bottom, rusting the lid. I got a "new" one from a junkyard to replace it. Even has the "H" emblem on it.

cool :D congrats on the new field :D

have fun driving :D

Thanks smiley, hahaha.

gl dude. Two of the people i work with just joined the air force it seems like a good thing to get into since there is job security and shiz.

Military is usually good job security, but not always. I was denied reenlistment into active duty in 2006 because of cutbacks. I found a loophole through the Air National Guard though.

^smart!

I'm trying to work for the Navy possibly...as an officer though...not enlisting...

I'll never salute you....jk :devil:

Man that is hell of a drive. Hope it goes well! I couldn't imagine driving 18 hours to get to somewhere! You can do like the length of the uk in like 7 lol
Without cruise control too! I'm a real man....So far on my survival list of tools are coolant, a quart of oil, duct tape, pliers, 10mm & 12mm wrench and socket setups, electrical kit, brake fluid, some bulbs, other stuff i may be forgetting.

I'll never salute you....jk :devil:

Without cruise control too! I'm a real man....So far on my survival list of tools are coolant, a quart of oil, duct tape, pliers, 10mm & 12mm wrench and socket setups, electrical kit, brake fluid, some bulbs, other stuff i may be forgetting.

hahaha you don't have to salute! :devil:

wow that's a lot...That's more than I had going across the county loool you are ready for the trip!

hahaha you don't have to salute! :devil:

wow that's a lot...That's more than I had going across the county loool you are ready for the trip!

If you become an office and we meet I'll have to! Yeah I am kind of nervous. Just overreacting. :pirate:

Archived