what size tires for 17x7 rims

hessey0788

I have a 93 del sol si with a 2 inch drop i just bought a set of 17x7 rims and was wondering if anyone knew what size tires to put on so that it doesn't rub my fenders thanks

I have a 93 del sol si with a 2 inch drop i just bought a set of 17x7 rims and was wondering if anyone knew what size tires to put on so that it doesn't rub my fenders thanks

205/40/17 Thats what you want.

i have raptor 205/40zr17's on my baby.. sticky when you heat them up but they still last a good while.. and not really too expensive for a larger tire

anything less your going to bend a rim on the smallest hole.. larger your going to rub like hell and maybe roll a fender

mine rub every now and then but hardly ever.. and i have bent a rim with the tires but it was cause it was a huge hole.. so you still have to be careful

idk what my exact drop is but its decent.. my front is lower i think.. everyone asks me how i havent rolled my fender cause it looks a bit close lol

thanks alot for the info i i had put 18s on my impreza before and were a little to wide and double walled so i couldnt even roll the lip on the impreza so i was just making sure before i made the same mistake thanks alot

pics will be on in a few. why shouldn't i put 17's on it?

I think they look silly on such a tiny car. Same for Integras too, imo. 16s max for both of yas for looks and performance. Do what you want, that's just how I feel.

I agree 17's are rather big for such a small car but i wanted something bigger than the 14's that are on it now and i bought the rims for 150 with the tuner lugs i needed so i thought it was a good deal and i just added a pic of my car thanks for the help

Actually 15s look dope too. 16s or 15s look more natural to me. 17s look out of place. Like you wanted 17s no matter what car you have. This pic is tiny, but you get the idea. (15s)

delsol1.jpg

I honestly don't know where else to look for pictures of Del Sols. >_<

*edit* Why'd you change your reply?

^ I'd have to agree, I like my rims, but I don't really like them on my car. There just isn't enough tire to muffle the bumps, not to mention how easy it is to scrape them up.

Fortunately I'm getting a set of Si alloys soon. :D

del sol sweetie your rims dont look to big on your car especially since the color matches. nice front end conversion but, why didnt you put in a nice set of halos? i'm going to be working on making halo headlights for the del sol, so when ever i get a few made i might put a few up for sale. Also so you think that if i put 205/35/17's that ill bend a rim? and will i have to worry about the front tires hitting when i turn the wheel thanks in advance.

lol i knew there would be a few dsm people in a honda forum but it was really just a jab at my one friend that is dsm only and will not admit to another car being nice if its not dsm but thanks for the info i appriciate it oh and for the record i dont mind dsm's i was going to get an awd 2nd gen eclipse but the tag was a little high when ever i was mid semester at pennstate they sure know how to break your bank

del sol sweetie your rims dont look to big on your car especially since the color matches. nice front end conversion but, why didnt you put in a nice set of halos? i'm going to be working on making halo headlights for the del sol, so when ever i get a few made i might put a few up for sale. Also so you think that if i put 205/35/17's that ill bend a rim? and will i have to worry about the front tires hitting when i turn the wheel thanks in advance.

well i actually dont have the white ones on anymore because i had an incident with a huge pothole and bent one.. i have these now

DSCF1121.jpg

which actually look smaller then the white ones.. i guess cause the spoke is smaller.. i would go with 205/40/17 and be on the safe side but still be careful with potholes

and thanks for the compliment on the front end.. some dont like it but i think it looks good.. and as for the headlights.. i want some HIDS so i can actually see at night with some better housings but i thought a new motor was a better investment at the time (stock headlights with a good motor vs pretty headlights and black smoke)

I completely understand what your saying lol but once you have the money headlights and a nice intercool sticking out through your bumper would look spectacular I will hopefully have that soon

Archived