what size tires for 17x7 rims

hessey0788

well i WAS going to sell my truck that has a 302 in it and get something new.. but now im either going to finish that or if i do sell it probably invest in a 240.. of course down the street from my bfs new house is an older supra thats just kinda sittin in the guys yard that we are going to stop by and ask about

• 1 month later...

205/40/17 or 215/35/17

1st size within 3% of stock circumference of sohc/dohc VTEC

2nd size slightly wider......you didn't indicate what wheel offset is. I run mini cooper wheels my del sol as they are direct bolt ons.

Try this link..........http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

205/40/17 or 215/35/17

1st size within 3% of stock circumference of sohc/dohc VTEC

2nd size slightly wider......you didn't indicate what wheel offset is. I run mini cooper wheels my del sol as they are direct bolt ons.

Try this link..........http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

thanks for trying to help but his question was anwsered and this is an old thread

oh ouch raped in teh butt

• 3 months later...

I've got 205/40/17's on my sol-dier. I've never had a problem with them rubbing at all. Any pothole big enough to cause you any worries should be easy to see. I haven't dropped the car yet (Tiens are EXPENSIVE), but even at stock height the car doesn't look bad. If you do plan on going fast, the bigger the wheel, the more weight you're pulling. Stay away from chrome and you should be okay. Good luck!

1. this thread is DEAD and has been dead for a while

2. 17's are TOO BIG for a del sol!!! IMO

3. teins arent expensive if you know how to manage your money properly and save.. i have flex's

4. wtf is wrong with chrome/polished? hmm?

l_5afa0984b57a4ed9937f08177adef09a.jpg

4. wtf is wrong with chrome/polished? hmm?

chrome=heavy dumb

polished= pretty

Agreed^^^ 17's on Sol suck asss! :thumbsup: Been there done that, will never do again! Too damned heavy, and just too damned big! >_<

my 17's are almost lighter then the 14's i had before.. and they are not too big

my 17's are almost lighter then the 14's i had before.. and they are not too big

I agree, my 17x7 RPF1s are actually lighter (14.2 lbs) than the OEM fat 5s (15.6 lbs) by over a pound. Tires (215/40-17s) are 18 lbs while OEMs are 17-18 lbs depending on mfg. So the total wheel/tire combo is within a few ounces of the OEM setup, probably a little lighter, and it puts a lot more rubber on the pavement for cornering. It certainly isn't needed for the massive acceleration... :laugh: Plus, I like the looks MUCH better, but I know that is just personal preference.

I see a lot of folks saying how much slower their car is with a 17" wheel/tire and I think they are either using a MUCH larger diameter tire, which is not a good idea, OR they are using some cheap, heavy chunk of a wheel that is just as bad for handling as it is for acceleration.

Anyway, my car will be exactly as "fast" in a straight line as it was pre-mod, but it's going to go around corners MUCH better. Out of curiosity, I weighed the OEM damper/spring/lower arm combo compared to the new Skunks parts I replaced them with, and the Skunk2 parts save 5 pounds per corner in the rear and 3 pounds in front. That is HUGE!

Archived