help me decide

integra or prelude  

12 members have voted

1. 1. title

• Prelude
    • Integra

alright. wats up. just registered. im having a bit of a dillema. i found a local prelude, but i know nothing about it besides that it's 4th gen. im sure i can get it really cheap, cause it's been sitting in a junkyard lot for the past 3-4 years, if not longer. but, i've noticed it seems that alot of people have problems getting HP into their preludes. maybe it's just how im reading the forums, but idk. but my other choice, instead of a prelude, would be an intergra 2-door. now heres the thing, this is my first car, i will be driving it throughout highschool, if not longer. the catch? i have $400 from my step dad for selling his jeep, and 1K from my grandma she's been saving for me for a car. but if my bicycle sells, ill have an extra 1500. so about 3000 for a decent setup. what would be the better car? i like sliding :) i've drifted my friends nova SS, but it's heavy. i know the prelude is FWD, which means understeer? help me out, thanks

D_L

alright. wats up. just registered. im having a bit of a dillema. i found a local prelude, but i know nothing about it besides that it's 4th gen. im sure i can get it really cheap, cause it's been sitting in a junkyard lot for the past 3-4 years, if not longer. but, i've noticed it seems that alot of people have problems getting HP into their preludes. maybe it's just how im reading the forums, but idk. but my other choice, instead of a prelude, would be an intergra 2-door. now heres the thing, this is my first car, i will be driving it throughout highschool, if not longer. the catch? i have $400 from my step dad for selling his jeep, and 1K from my grandma she's been saving for me for a car. but if my bicycle sells, ill have an extra 1500. so about 3000 for a decent setup. what would be the better car? i like sliding :) i've drifted my friends nova SS, but it's heavy. i know the prelude is FWD, which means understeer? help me out, thanks

D_L

What model Prelude, Si or VTEC? VTECs have no problem getting power.

The Preludes alot better at drifting I hear. *Rolleyes*

In all seriousness more information is needed on the two cars. Cause it could be a POS prelude vs a mad clean Integra for all we know. Really what it comes down to is what car is in better shape, and what trim lvl the cars are.

am i the only one who noticed 1500 for a bicycle? WTF huh

i vote teg.. when it comes between the two IMO the teg is just better.. if you like to slide you dont want a FWD car.. fwd does mean understeer at high HP but for drifting you need RWD.. unless you want to tray drift, which is gay.. or you could powerslide which is NOTHING like drifting..

IMO teg > ludey

what trim is the teg and the ludey?

that would help out alot.. seeing that the ludey has been sitting for a while it might have rust.. post pics of the two cars youre planning on buying and that would help out alot on some advice people could give you

yea, i need to get more info. i think the lude is a si, but im not even sure if it runs... and the teg was just teg in general... i haven't found one near me. and the lude isn't really in a junkyard, it's in a old car lot, that the junkyard owns. idk tho. im really diggin the 240sx's right now

there you go.. 240 would be a better drift car pick, lol

just be prepared to fix your car alot until you get good and even then youll hit sh!t.. ive had to fix my bmw twice from smacking guardrails..

this thread still needs pictures

good effin luck finding a AE86 aka trueno/levin aka 1986 toyota corolla fastback for sale that isnt a rust bucket or been dogged to hell and back :thumbsup:

good effin luck finding a AE86 aka trueno/levin aka 1986 toyota corolla fastback for sale that isnt a rust bucket or been dogged to hell and back :thumbsup:

Yeah I've been looking for one lol.

You should upload some pictures

read through the thread again.. he doesnt have pictures because he's just asking what would be a better buy pretty much..

Archived