I'm a DSM'r

mindset

Hello, my name is Mitch. I'm a DSM enthusiast and I own a 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. I love it, but it breaks so I needed a ride. I'm usually on dsmtuners.com with the same display name. I just purchased a 1987 Acura Integra LS. I think it has a B18 but I'm not sure. I bought it for $700 as a daily driver because DSM's break. The Integra has 130,000 miles and a slight oil leak. It needs a new fender/blinker light from a crash but it's not like you think. The whole area between the tail lights needs to be replaced due the massive rust hole. Haha I must say it looks like poop but it drives nice, despite the oil leak which I'm pissed about because the guy told me it didn't leak. The interior is good besides the blinker stick on the steering column broke off so the guy decided to use a bolt. Its pretty funny though. Once I get some mods done to the talon I'm debating buying a $500 turbo kit from ebay and slapping it on. Since it's a Honda I'm hoping it lives up to the word of "it runs forever"...

I came on here to maybe get some info on my car and learn about the history and quirks about it. Maybe do some light mods but its rusty as hell so I don't know yet.

Acura Forums seem kinda dead so I joined the Honda one.

I don't have a pic of the Integra but I hope you guys don't mind checking out the talon!

142ar02.jpg

a3i0w4.jpg

The talon looks good dood. Hondas/Acuras will last forever if they are taken care of. What's wrong with the Talon and what are the plans?

Welcome to HF.:thumbsup:

Thanks man. I hope it does! I need this car to run! My Talon needs a new transmission, wheel bearing, rear brakes and something else I can't remember but it's a 100% stock DSM except a 255 fuel pump that overrides the hell out of my fuel system. I love these cars, my goal for it is a BW S256 w/ Eagle/Ross combo with all supporting mods, hopefully reaching 600+hp. That would happen in several years though. For now I'm just going to turn up the boost and start with all my supporting mods.

Thanks man. I hope it does! I need this car to run! My Talon needs a new transmission, wheel bearing, rear brakes and something else I can't remember but it's a 100% stock DSM except a 255 fuel pump that overrides the hell out of my fuel system. I love these cars, my goal for it is a BW S256 w/ Eagle/Ross combo with all supporting mods, hopefully reaching 600+hp. That would happen in several years though. For now I'm just going to turn up the boost and start with all my supporting mods.

You need an AFPR for the 255. DSMs will run very well, if you maintain them properly.

EDIT: For everyone else...we're multiplying.

You need an AFPR for the 255. DSMs will run very well, if you maintain them properly.

EDIT: For everyone else...we're multiplying.

I know. People tell me that everytime I tell them I have a 255 in it. And my car is 18 years old so I don't expect it to run like a champ. Especially since previous owners really do beat the crap out of them 24/7. I mean the AFPR is the last thing on my list. I'm more worried about my tranny though. And I still have to take care of some more maintenance before I mod the car.

I see you're from Ohio. What part?

Edit: Just so you know the 255 fuel pump was a mod the previous owner did.

Cincinnati. Seriously, you're going to run pig rich and overrun your fuel system until you get an AFPR. They're really not that expensive.

Anywhere from 60-260.

http://www.boneheadperformance.com

Cincinnati

Yea, but the car can't run without a tranny. Trust me, its on my list of things to do.

Yea, but the car can't run without a tranny. Trust me, its on my list of things to do.

I would park it until it's all finished. Trust me, it's what I've done with mine.

welcome to the forums man! :thumbsup:

hope the teg lasts man, post pics of it asap! :happy:

For everyone else...we're multiplying.

i used to be one :(

welcome to the forums man! :thumbsup:

hope the teg lasts man, post pics of it asap! :happy:

i used to be one :(

Really, you owned an Eclipse, Talon, or Laser?

a DSM'r turd monkey..

gawd grandpa your minds slipping lately. i think we need to put you in the old folks home :sleep2:

I know exactly what you said. So I ask again, you've owned an Eclipse, Talon, or Laser?

Hello, my name is Mitch. I'm a DSM enthusiast and I own a 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD.

get out.

haha im just messing, welcome to the forum. ask Kastigr for help with the talon. he has one.

get out.

haha im just messing, welcome to the forum. ask Kastigr for help with the talon. he has one.

If he's a true DSMer...he won't need my help. We get much experience working on them enough. In other news, providing I have enough time it should run this weekend. It's not plated so I can't really drive it, but running is a fair step better then where it was.

that is still laying around in pieces..

Actually, it's fully assembled sans timing belt, which will be done this weekend. I just hope it fires up when I turn the key.

Actually, it's fully assembled sans timing belt, which will be done this weekend. I just hope it fires up when I turn the key.

about damn time

PICS OF TEG OR BAN! >_<

ASAP!

well look at it this way. if a DSM is running, it is doing good. considering most of them spend more time on a flatbed or in the shop/garage than on the road.

hey kastigr- do you shudder at the mention of CRANKWALK? haha

Archived