getting a new car

airjordan223

so i'm looking to get a new car, dont worry keeping the sol. looking to spend about 8 grand, maybe up to 10 if its something really nice. no idea what i want yet. probably something a little bigger than the sol cause i have a lot of stuff here at school and probably going to be moving soon. just looking for some ideas of cars to look at, going to the lots on sunday

ford ideas need not apply

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
05+ Legacy GT?

+1....quicker than an IS300 and much more comfy in my opinion. Plus they are sexy with nothing more than a drop.

Then again....you'll never find one for 8-10 grand that's worth having. I vote a late 90's Impreza 2.5 RS

i'm diggin the cady, how do those motors hold up over time?

Early northstars (from about '95-'00) are known for headgasket failures, and due to the engine design you need to add a quart of oil about every 1500 miles. Other than that they're rock solid. These engines were designed to be driven extremely hard and still hold up, even though they were mostly used by old people.

Plus once you free up the exhaust they sound beautiful

went out to about 25 dealerships and car lots today and this was the best thing we found. gonna talk him down to about 10

WAULT68EX2A252730_006_LG.jpg

3.0 six speed

loaded with every option

45k miles

went out to about 25 dealerships and car lots today and this was the best thing we found. gonna talk him down to about 10

WAULT68EX2A252730_006_LG.jpg

3.0 six speed

loaded with every option

45k miles

for $10k and such low miles i wouldn't trust it. plus newer german cars require absurd amounts of money to maintain.

for $10k and such low miles i wouldn't trust it. plus newer german cars require absurd amounts of money to maintain.

i was surprised too, but looking around and talking to my friend who is an audi fanatic, thats what these actually go for.

i was surprised too, but looking around and talking to my friend who is an audi fanatic, thats what these actually go for.

weird i thought they would go for way more. although my grandpa's BMW was made in the same year, and has less miles than my civic, and was worth a 3rd as much, mainly because they are too expensive to keep running. i'd personally prefer to go with something with more miles/older that had more reliability and perks.

my friend has a A4 like that except his is a 1.8T.. that one looks a little less sporty than his for some odd reason. i dont see why if it has a bigger engine and everything.. the car is nice, but there are a few things that i dont like about the A4 from personal experience, the main thing is when you try to downshift and hit the gas, the car makes a really strong jolt and sounds like its going to rip the tranny out from under the car.. not a good sound or feel

Well you can always go with the a Mark IV, thats if you can find one for that cheap lol, an IS is always nice though, but expect to pay about 13-14 for a decent one with low miles

yep looks just like my friends.. def an A4

heated seats, the dash lights up red, has red lights that comes out the rear view that glow down on the interior, that car is nice.. but i still dont see why that one sits soo high.. it looks like a monster truck compared to alas' A4

yep looks just like my friends.. def an A4

heated seats, the dash lights up red, has red lights that comes out the rear view that glow down on the interior, that car is nice.. but i still dont see why that one sits soo high.. it looks like a monster truck compared to alas' A4

Sits high because of AWD

Archived