"tinting" the windows

SpeedDemon

k im definetly not gona try it then haha

well its one of those things that if youare gonna bother doing then youre better off spending abunch ofmoney to do it till you perfect it, then do it as a trade :)

^I see

gl with it...I would think you push most of it out during it, by using something like a not-at-all-sharp razor blade looking thing...and go across as you do it...but that's just my guess...

^I see

gl with it...I would think you push most of it out during it, by using something like a not-at-all-sharp razor blade looking thing...and go across as you do it...but that's just my guess...

professionals use a special rubber type squeege. i have to get my drivers window redone sometimes, they didnt get all the water bubbles out :(

professionals use a special rubber type squeege. i have to get my drivers window redone sometimes, they didnt get all the water bubbles out :(

it sounds alot like laying down vynil. With that we used a like a scraper lookin thing cant remember wat its called atm but then we sprayed windex under the vynil. Which eliminates most of the bubbles then took a heatgun and took them out. But some dumbass in the shop was holding it too close to the vynil and burned it.

Im really bored.. i might go see what a roll of 5% costs and give it a go. I've tried once before, about 6 years ago, and failed horribly. I have more patience now though, so who knows.

Im really bored.. i might go see what a roll of 5% costs and give it a go. I've tried once before, about 6 years ago, and failed horribly. I have more patience now though, so who knows.

good luck. as soon as i find my camera cord ill post the pics of tint job i had done to my car

Cutting isn't the hard part for me, it's making sure that it sticks for a while. I've got the hard cards they use to rub the tint down, just don't know why normal storebought sh*t doesn't stick like Llumar or something else.

Cutting isn't the hard part for me, it's making sure that it sticks for a while. I've got the hard cards they use to rub the tint down, just don't know why normal storebought sh*t doesn't stick like Llumar or something else.

because its normal store bought crap lol. glue is low quality, and it gets brittle after a couple months

• 2 months later...

dont be a cheap person cause in the end it will affect you. go and pay to have your windows tinted professionally. you already got 90 into it and more to come with the paint. So screw it in the end just have it done you will see better results and be better off in the end.

• 1 month later...

Get tinting done during their slow season! Sol was $100.00 with life time, and visor strip! They practically beg people to come in during very early spring, and late fall and winter! If you get it done in the winter get a small space heater and put it safely into car for a couple days! Never leave on over night just in case something weird happens! :thumbsup:

Archived