was the honda turbo? the header looked like one someone had on here

silver car --> bad in wrecks

it says the silver car turned left in front of the honda because it ALSO has a green light.. so the silver car pulled out in front of the honda and yah the honda was speeding but im sorry you can tell if someone is coming at you fast and pulling out in front of them is failure to yield.. so idk how that was the hondas fault(besides he shouldnt be speeding like that).. but it sure does say he caused the crash

it says the silver car turned left in front of the honda because it ALSO has a green light.. so the silver car pulled out in front of the honda and yah the honda was speeding but im sorry you can tell if someone is coming at you fast and pulling out in front of them is failure to yield.. so idk how that was the hondas fault(besides he shouldnt be speeding like that).. but it sure does say he caused the crash

Ya, that car was boosted. The media is pretty biased around here, They like to jump to conclusions if its an import and has any kinds of mods on it and gets into an accident. They automatically throw in that they were street racing, or are "known" street racers. The part that gets me is they said spectators claimed he was going 70mph, since when can the general public tell how fast someone is going, crap they can't even tell when they are looking at a speedometer. If your in a Honda around here, your guilty until found innocent. I feel bad for both parties, and hope they both pull out of it.

His lack of an airbag certainly didn't help him. His chest ate that steering wheel hard.

From this incident a few things should be painfully obvious:

-Roll cages do work, even on the street.

-Driving 70 plus for any reason (if he was) on a suburban intersection is stupidity.

-That gsr is hosed. :sad:

looked like a sick car. too bad it wasn't a full cage, just the roll bar. was he actually wearing the harness because im pretty sure that would have kept the guy from moving forward so much, it looks like the seat ripped right off the rails.

how did the roll cage help in this event? it was more or less a roll bar than a cage, i am all for them but i dont really think it made too much of a differnce in this situation because the crumple zone on a honda stops at the firewall which had no added support...

Also i couldnt see any harnesses, and if there actually was and were just cut off by the firefighters, if they were properly installed & quality his chest wouldnt have hit the wheel and would have been in much better shape...also that seat most likely would have broke, that is if it already didnt and there were indeed harnesses in use.

but thats besides the point, hopefully they both make it out ok, and i fully agree with you sarah even though he was speeding and by the looks of the road it could have had a 50mph limit, so 70mph is not that much over...we've all done 20 over the limit before. and it is the responsibility of the turning driver to properly judge whether or not they have time to make the turn, otherwise if not they're at fault...Cite them both for differnt things and the fault in the hands of the grand prix.

My bad. When I skimmed through the pics I didn't see that the cage did not extend up and around the A pillar. It was indeed only a roll cage.

I would guess even if he did have harnesses that the FD cut them off when they pulled him out of the car. Same thing with the seat. They possibly cut the rails to give them room to pull him out.

Um... i kinda want the civic before the wreck..

Cuz it looks like a boosted Bseries in a hatch.. kinda what i want..

Hope all involved pull through and the dumbsh*t in the pontiac gets what he has commin to him. I cant stand people that cut others off..

yeah, i HATE it when people "claim" your doing a certain speed. granted sometimes your actually going fast, but they judge it by your exhaust. My neighbors down the street used to call the cops on us cause they thought me and my freind were always speeding on theyre road, but theyre just dumb and when the cops showed up just said to drop it in neutral and go by cause they were sick of getting calls about it and also warned the people about false claims.

i'm gonna bring these pics to my gf's dad, he's a retired cop but still has all the paperwork and classes and such to carry his badge and his gun, and he can still site ppl. he had to go through a special class just learn how to analyze stuff like this. but given the damage done to the other car, and how light those hatches are in comparison to the pontiac, i would say he was doing more than 50.

are you guys looking at the same pictures i am? the new pontiac grand prix is half the car it used to be... he was clarley going at least 60+, 70 is a great guess as to the speed... another factor, look at where the cars are, the pontiac is in a lot about 100ft away from the intersection and knocked cars off the ramps at a dealership, that pontiac is not a light car as a civic is, nor are the suvs on the lot, and for the little civic to push it that far, its clear he was being an idiot, regardless of the moron pulling out in front of him, you cant really judge when a car is coming that fast.... dont get me wrong, this is really sad to see and hear about but when you drive like that on a public street especially with a village inn near, its bound to happen, he had it coming... and sadly it is the civics fault as he was excessively speeding although the pontiac did fail to yield... good luck to those involved

on a side note, the civic is clearly boosted, i cant believe those that are questioning it... get out more... this car had 20k+ in it just by looking at the little nick nacks he had ie the backyard wing, r valve cover with spoon kevlar plug cover, full race manifold, etc...

wow... makes me think twice about not having a bumper support and having a sparco wheel... hope everyone is ok. If anyone can find pics of this car BEFORE this incident i would like to see it. Looks like it was sick.

Edit: Is that a full race Mani? If so there should be close ups of it because it appears to still be in tact. Could be a good selling point...lol

Civic lookes like it WAS bad ass.

Ouch!!!

And they say Civics cant take front end crashes.

Well, to be honest the Civic is finished, as is the motor most likely.

Because he was going *at least* 20 MPH over the limit. Probably more like 30 over.

how did the roll cage help in this event? it was more or less a roll bar than a cage, i am all for them but i dont really think it made too much of a differnce in this situation because the crumple zone on a honda stops at the firewall which had no added support...

Also i couldnt see any harnesses, and if there actually was and were just cut off by the firefighters, if they were properly installed & quality his chest wouldnt have hit the wheel and would have been in much better shape...also that seat most likely would have broke, that is if it already didnt and there were indeed harnesses in use.

but thats besides the point, hopefully they both make it out ok, and i fully agree with you sarah even though he was speeding and by the looks of the road it could have had a 50mph limit, so 70mph is not that much over...we've all done 20 over the limit before. and it is the responsibility of the turning driver to properly judge whether or not they have time to make the turn, otherwise if not they're at fault...Cite them both for differnt things and the fault in the hands of the grand prix.

20 over the limit is excessively over. At speed limit, the distance the car was away, and you have enough time. If somebody is driving like an asshat, you don't have the time. Guy in the Honda, got what he deserved. A totaled Civic, and hopefully some broken ribs.

Whats ironic: He was doing 70 and hit that guy square in the passenger side. If we were to consider the distance covered by the civic at ~70 vs the distance covered at ~50 I would guess that the car turning would have been hit either way. Not in the same place and not nearly as severe, but hit in any case.

And that civic positively would not have had 20k into it. 20k is a little bit of an exaggeration. 6-12, depending on how much work he did himself.

I agree with Kastigir. 20 over on a surface street is just dumb. You could argue that 20 over on any street is dumb, but certain places are more stupid then other places. If you are doing 85 on the 65 limit highway it is inherently safer then doing 70 on a 50 city street. The highway has no lights, pedestrians, oncoming traffic and usually has less road condition hazards like potholes and such.

both should get in trouble. it's obvious that the guy who pulled out into the intersection did wrong, but the other guy shouldn't have been speeding. and i hate those kind of intersections. we had a new one put in our area on a major street, within the first month there were over dozen accidents from people not yielding for a left turn.

Archived