HaiSai! (hello!)

HaiSaiJDM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, sorry, forgot all about the pics, having too much fun up here visiting Tokyo right now :)

3286224542_2dbce4c0a3_o.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the hood, but I got it for $100, once I get it painted to match the car, I'll decide if I'm going to switch back to the stock hood or not.

Well, the car is going up for sale as soon as I get back. We'll be a one car family for a few months, and then hopefully in July or August I'll be picking up another Honda. Depending on what the wife says, either gonna be a FD2 Type R or DC5 Type R. Since we're looking at having kids soon, I'm thinking the FD2 will be more to her liking (and mine).

Welcome dude, and as its been said thanks for serving our country for us.

Deffinately a hot s15!

and it's always nice to have a parts hook up from the source! Hopefully if you're still willing to do hook-ups on parts + you're still in japan once May comes about and I've got some cash I may have to hit you up for some del sol visors, map lights with rods and pig tails, and etc. parts.

OMFG if you get a FD2 i will hate you but if you get the mugen RR i will hate you for life :glare:

well the retention/reenilstment told me that alot of overseas duty stations need people and she mentioned japan, so im going to use the ASK (army service key) and call branch to try and get japan instead of campbell.. i want campbell really bad but i want japan more!!! so there is a small possibility i will see you :)

where exactly are you stationed at?

Oh, sorry, forgot all about the pics, having too much fun up here visiting Tokyo right now :)

3286224542_2dbce4c0a3_o.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the hood, but I got it for $100, once I get it painted to match the car, I'll decide if I'm going to switch back to the stock hood or not.

:rant:

want

I'm at Kadena air base in Okinawa. I'm not sure of exact numbers or their mission, but I know we have some Army people here. I think there is a small post or two in mainland Japan too, bit not positive.

I like the FD2 alot, but the Mugen RR is too much. If I was gonna spend 50k on a car, it wouldn't be a Civic.

holy sh!t seriously, if i get japan ill be right there with you!!! that would be awesome!! plus big davis is there too :p

if i got japan i would take my sol, it would be so funny seeing a LHD del sol in japan, over there i could say my car is mad USDM tyte yo, LOL

and i will envy you if you get the FD2

oh they dont pay for it like they do if youre going to germany?

i know if youre going to germany you turn your car in with your orders at the loading docks and they ship it free

No, shipping is free if the car is on your orders. The $3k comes into play when you actually get the car here. It has to be certified and registered in Japan. They have to send the car off to mainland Japan and do some emissions testing, and then the initial JCI inspection is pricey too. So if you end up with orders over here, and want to bring your car, get it as close to stock as possible, and then send all your parts in your household goods shipment.

so, when can we start asking you to get us parts?

You can ask me now, just send me a PM, but I won't be back home in Okinawa until Friday night. But I can start some preliminary searching for you now.

well the retention/reenilstment told me that alot of overseas duty stations need people and she mentioned japan, so im going to use the ASK (army service key) and call branch to try and get japan instead of campbell.. i want campbell really bad but i want japan more!!! so there is a small possibility i will see you :)

I thought you wanted Campbell because it's closed to home?

sorry for threadjack...

i do want campbell but ive been trying to get japan since i elisted in the army. if i get campbell i wont be mad, ill be really happy actually. ill be the same about japan, so either or doesnt matter to me but it would be awesome to live in japan

No, shipping is free if the car is on your orders. The $3k comes into play when you actually get the car here. It has to be certified and registered in Japan. They have to send the car off to mainland Japan and do some emissions testing, and then the initial JCI inspection is pricey too. So if you end up with orders over here, and want to bring your car, get it as close to stock as possible, and then send all your parts in your household goods shipment.

Sounds anyone would be waaaaay better off just buying some jdm tightness in japan and forgo shipping in the jalopy.

Archived