Car VS. Cow

IMG_1383.jpg

Yes, that is cow poo on the passenger side mirror. RIP Baby =(

I was going on a country road back home, it was either hit the cow, another car, or slam into a foot drop ditch. :(

I had so many plans for the poor car. RIP 96 Ex

I'm being 100% serious here. But you should go find that cow right now. See if it has a tag or a brand to show the owner of the cow. It may sound like I'm a "sue happy american", but seriously, the owner of the cow will be liable for the damages to your car since they didn't keep their cow in their field. There was a similar situation in my town last year and the owner of the cow ended up having to pay if my memory is correct.

Oh, and sorry about your car. Looked like a nice condition civic.

I'm being 100% serious here. But you should go find that cow right now. See if it has a tag or a brand to show the owner of the cow. It may sound like I'm a "sue happy american", but seriously, the owner of the cow will be liable for the damages to your car since they didn't keep their cow in their field. There was a similar situation in my town last year and the owner of the cow ended up having to pay if my memory is correct.

Oh, and sorry about your car. Looked like a nice condition civic.

The cow is long gone, but I know the farmers information, and I plan on pursuing some kind of legal action. I, also, hate being a sue happy person, but in this case, I feel it is right to do so.

As though hitting the cow wasn't bad enough..it sh*t..on your car.

Haha yea, I know :(. Insult to injury lol. Sadly, I didn't even get to keep the cow for steaks.

Several years back, out east of Nashville, a horse got loose from a farm and a car hit it, killing the driver. The owner of the horse went to prison. The charge was something like "negligent manslaughter" or something. The whole situation was very unfortunate.

ben's comment made my morning. is ur insurance going to total it out? doesn't look like its all that bad but i can't tell what has happened to the motor. and yes i agree that the cow owner should pay for the damages, i just hate when people sue millions for "emotion stress"

ben's comment made my morning. is ur insurance going to total it out? doesn't look like its all that bad but i can't tell what has happened to the motor. and yes i agree that the cow owner should pay for the damages, i just hate when people sue millions for "emotion stress"

Yea the insurance company totaled it...

I am quite pissed today. I have found the perfect 2 door Civic for a good price. However, I was informed that a 2 door model is considered sporty, and it would raise my insurance to something I can't afford. It is a god damn 1.6L 4 Cylinder, not a Porsche. I hate this insurance crap. Do you guys know how bad I had to fight them just to pay me what my car was worth? This entire system is worthless, I have to give up first born to insure a car, and they wont even pay me what its worth...

/rant Sorry guys, I'm just upset. I can just go on about how this entire system is broken...

check geiko, my old insurance company wanted to charge me 650+ every 3 months for the del sol on full coverage. so i shopped around and geiko gave me the best deal at 408 every 3 months for full coverage on the sol :thumbsup:

oh and im 21 so i have no insurance drop besides the fact i dont have any tickets, wrecks, etc

geiKo? ???

GEIK?!?!?!

Nah. JFWY.

But srsly. Geico is fail. Allstate FTW.

I have Allstate currently, and I don't really know what their deal is. Just cause its two door, doesn't mean its a fast car.. I'll check some other insurance companies out for the price. Thanks for all the support guys.

Your age bracket has a lot to do with it..

Two doors..five gears..how many other cars out there are like that..that are ACTUALLY considered sports vehicles? Corvette? Mustang..? Camaro?

The insurance company doesn't care what, that's generally what it's based on.

$408 a half to fully insure a 93 sol o_O

d00d! You could buy a whole 'nother car in 1.5 years at that price. Why in the hell are you fully insuring it?

Yes, insurance is a bitch. This is how you fix it: Get married, turn 30, own a house, have no offenses on your record that show in your state from the last 5 years. My last insurance cycle was a 93 sol, 95 sedan, 00 hatch and a 95 ram cost me a hair under $500 a half for liability.

408 was the cheapest, and i got full coverage in case anything happens... for example: hitting a cow, LOL

and right now since its sitting its only on storage insurance which is 100 every 3 months and the car is covered if anybody steals it does any damage to it or any kind of natural disaster :thumbsup:

geico FTW IMO

and yeah i know you were just messin ben but i had to have a comeback, lol

Um, comprehensive.

There are three levels of insurance:

Liability - pays the other guy when you smash into them

Comprehensive - covers you for hit and run, uninsured motorist, theft, vandalism and acts of god (i.e. cows, deer, falling trees, tornadoes...)

Collision - pays you and the other guy when you smash into them

I carry Liability and Comprehensive. Example: Red car Liability is $95 for a half, comprehensive is $41 for half = $136 total. My car was broken into and $1200 worth of parts were stolen and insurance covered everything. You do not need to have collision insurance except to cover yourself from your own bad driving. :thumbsup:

Haha yea my age has a lot to do with it, but I'm over it now. I just hung out with my friends and bitching to them about it made me feel a lot better. Well tomorrow I continue my search for a new car sedan. Hopefully I'll find something. Thanks for all the information/support guys!

my car was significantly more expensive to insure than my truck, simply because people who drive it tend to get into more accidents (2dr ex). also good grades help. i lost my good student discount and the rate shot up $60 a month.

• 4 weeks later...
insurance FTMFL.

i didnt know that a 125whp civic coupe was a sports car lmao.

thats the dumbest sh!t ever.

sucks about your car too.

get a wagovan man. cheap insurance haha.

probably because people who have one think they are, didn't you see F&F :thumbsup:

insurance FTMFL.

i didnt know that a 125whp civic coupe was a sports car lmao.

thats the dumbest sh!t ever.

sucks about your car too.

get a wagovan man. cheap insurance haha.

Technically, it's classified as a Sport Coupe. True sportscars are 2 seaters.

• 5 months later...

Encompass FTW. My car shows up as a 93 civic, and there's nothing about body style or anything on the policy. 3rd car on the policy, but apart from that I don't think I'm getting any discounts, $80/month for almost $2 million in coverage.

Archived