Looking to get a 300zx

It's a nice car. I've always liked the way they looked and sounded. It's really up to you which way you want to go, depending on what you want out of the car, and future plans. Just think it over. I'd personally go with TT if I had the money.

mmmm 300zx TT... go ahead and buy it and so that i can steal it.

but check this thread out http://www.nissanforums.com/z32-chassis-30...s-300zx-na.html

i'll edit this post as i find more info for you

EDIT: another thread i found http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic37536.htm

T-Tops! yahhh!

but in all honesty, get a maxima! if you're a youtube junkie like i am, just look up maxima vs. and let your jaw drop.

i've heard that maxima trannies aren't very good at holding power though?

Yeah i also found some more info...I guess the TT has the 4 wheel steering, or the "Hicas". an the N/A doesnt, and most people end up removing it or disabling it, dunno why, still researching. But i can probobly pick up a 2 seater N/A for around $3-4,000. I was loooking into a single turbo kit for it or also this company that makes an alternative turbo kit that is truly "universal". http://www.ststurbo.com/ <<check this site out, its pretty interesting.

TT > N/A IMO.

agreed, given the info from the sites, the TT has several little things that add up to make it a significantly better performer. and remove the tt and put on a single and you've got some more fun.

Where do you live? If it gets cold there, don't drive it in the winter. Their trannys turn to crap when it's cold out.

hershey PA hah. and yes it gets cold *as its dumping snow outside right now*

plus i just found a 300 to drool over(even though its a Fairlady Z), goddamn.....

9372-1991-Nissan-300ZX.jpg

im not much of a Z fan, but this would have to be my favorite model... i say TT, fukk a N/A Z >_<

and i wouldnt run 15psi with a stock engine at all, even if it were proven to work.. still wouldnt do it

The 300zx is an awesome car, id love to have one.

However you gotta factor in everything

-cost to build

-i hear theyre a hassle to work on

However, when they get done right, they get done right. Id say its in one of my top 20 favorite cars of all time

If you go for it i would go for a naturally aspirated model, theyre cheaper and easier to find.

im not much of a Z fan, but this would have to be my favorite model... i say TT, fukk a N/A Z >_<

and i wouldnt run 15psi with a stock engine at all, even if it were proven to work.. still wouldnt do it

yeah 15 is asking for it but like i said thats just what ive read.

• 1 month later...

old thread but im looking to get a new car within the next month or so...

thing is im split between a few different ones, Im still looking at a 300zx TT, E36 M3, or an rx7.

found this m3 on ebay and talked to the guy about it so if I want it, its mine. Just dunno what to get yet....

Archived