13 members have voted

1. 1. Which swap should I do?

• B16
    • GSR
    • H22
    • K20
    • Lsvtec or crvtec
    • D16 Build

Help me pick a new motor. Being how light the car is and such. I wanna know what you guys think I should swap in. It will be a good bit until that motor dies in the car now, but it gives me time to think and save for which swap I want.

I wanna do the awd swap like epic tuning did. But that would be insane. haha.

If i am forgetting any good motors let me know.

I would base my decision on what I wanted and what the car will be used for. For me I want a turbo and a quick car can do that with all of the engines listed above, however some are easier and more cost effective. Ultimately it comes down to what you can afford and what you want

I voted H22.

Though for a first swap I wouldn't do it, would be an insane EF.

Love to see that thing :drool:

If you're in VA at the time, may be able to pull a couple weekends and help you out

Yeah h22 sounds like fun and that thing would be all over the road.

I have a feeling I will be in VA when I do this so you are more then welcome to help. I do appreciate it.

I would base my decision on what I wanted and what the car will be used for. For me I want a turbo and a quick car can do that with all of the engines listed above, however some are easier and more cost effective. Ultimately it comes down to what you can afford and what you want

Yeah I know what you mean. I am trying to decide exactly what I want to do with the car. Being a track only car, a fun little street car, etc. I am thinking about a good old fun street car. The h22 would be fun but the weight is the down side. but yet a b series swap would be a lot of fun but not as much as power as the h22 stock. I might wanna turbo my car. I got plenty of time before that motor goes to figure out what I want to do and my budget.

Yeah h22 sounds like fun and that thing would be all over the road.

I have a feeling I will be in VA when I do this so you are more then welcome to help. I do appreciate it.

no problem, and i know it will be awhile before the D15 conks out. So just lmk, I'm up for it if I'm not in basic :thumbsup:

D-14 :thumbsup:

Better than a B21 for sure >_<

I wouldn't mind making a gas miser D14 one day.

Play with the carb a little :devil:

Good point Chris. And thats why his least expensive and best choice for a race car would be your suggestion of a built d16 it would keep the natural balance and weight there are a few possibilities for closer gearing. However, not everyone has a love for the d or want to build a race car, some want bragging rights for what motor they have, even if its just stock.

Though now I think I wanna buy a d16 to build for my hf just for fun.

Good point Chris. And thats why his least expensive and best choice for a race car would be your suggestion of a built d16 it would keep the natural balance and weight there are a few possibilities for closer gearing. However, not everyone has a love for the d or want to build a race car, some want bragging rights for what motor they have, even if its just stock.

Though now I think I wanna buy a d16 to build for my hf just for fun, and to piss off B-series fan boiiiis! :thumbsup:

Fixed! :thumbsup:

Well thanks, can't believe I forgot that part.

But seriously I was thinking b16 originally but now its just seems like a waste when I can do what I want with a d16 and be faster for cheaper.

Alright here is a good updated. I got offered tonight a head for my car. It is a d16 vtec head, obd1. I will be getting a rebuilt head (I think) with a skunk 2 cam, oem intake and exhaust manifold, injectors, fuel rail, ecu (p28 I think), wiring harness, and gaskets to slap it on. for about 150 bucks and for about 200 I get the 5 speed tranny too but I dunno if it is a si or what tranny. I gotta find out. I wanna a si tranny but the big thing is, it is a hydro tranny and I am running cable. so I gotta convert.

I am going to squeeze as much power as I can out this motor before I goes and I gotta do a whole rebuild. That gives me time to decided to rebuild and do a d15/d16 build or swap in something else.

How does that sound.

Archived