About the seafoam

So I have been watching you tube vidoes and reading about the seafoam. I want to do it in the crankcase, question is how long do I keep it in there. I am driving home from college today so could I buy some and put it in for the 200 mile trip and then do an oil change tomorrow or do I keep it in there longer. And also, when putting it in the gas tank do I just do that like any other injector/fuel system cleaner. Thanks guys.

So I have been watching you tube vidoes and reading about the seafoam. I want to do it in the crankcase, question is how long do I keep it in there. I am driving home from college today so could I buy some and put it in for the 200 mile trip and then do an oil change tomorrow or do I keep it in there longer. And also, when putting it in the gas tank do I just do that like any other injector/fuel system cleaner. Thanks guys.

Let it run and rev it a few good times for 5 minutes. Change the oil directly afterwards. Add 1/3 pint to full gas tank. (or 10 gallons) drive like normal on that tank. Let the tank run down low before you refill it.

all i can say is that it works.. while there are more expensive methods that are more aggressive, it does work. depending on how dirty your engine is it can turn caramel colored oil to black... put some in your intake vacuum line as well. the stuff can work wonders brah and it's nothing to worry about. just definitely make sure you change your oil after... put the stuff in, let the car sit for a while, say 15 minutes then start it, it won't want to start for a little while but it will eventually and then watch the smoke.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

what if you just had an oil change and you put seafoam in your oil but dont change your oil and drive around with it,, is it bad?

yes. it's also most likely to foul your plugs as well so put in either an old set or get new ones to install for when the process is complete.

yes. it's also most likely to foul your plugs as well so put in either an old set or get new ones to install for when the process is complete.

how would it foul your plugs if you keep it in the oil?

and my friend has a 91 teggy and he did the same thing and hes been drivin around with the stuff for s good 2000 miles and hes had no problems

2k with seafoam = no good, he probably didnt put very much in there kuz he would of seen some damage by now, or he changed his oil and just forgot.

actually it all evaporated with in 500 miles or less I would say.:D

hmm idk about evaporating into nothing kuz it is a liquid but as said b4 its a acetone and that evaps so ya i guess its possible... but i put about 1/4 can in my oil and left it in there kuz i ran out of money to change the oil that day and i had some tickin goin on in like 20miles after that i said yep time to change oil and POW no more ticking. so idk maybe i put to much idk w/e i dont have the car anymore ^^ motor almost blew up on me.

Archived