Seafoam

youtube it, its everywhere, and it should say on the bottle!

It really does not say much on the bottle :thumbsup:

One time when I used it the fire department was called cause some concerned citizen thought the place was on fire! :laugh:

Here is what I do! Buy 2 cans. 1st can I use 1\2 in a 1\4 tank of gas, other half when the quarter tank of gas is almost gone I run through vacuum line directly into intake. Second can I have in the past used as a engine flush, run for 5 min just like normal engine flush. Change spark plugs, change oil and away you go! :thumbsup:

do yourself a favor and stay away from it. you want to clean your engine out inside , do a couple oil changes 1000 miles apart.

Never had a problem in 10 years?? I did however forget to say I change oil and filter again after about 500ish miles! :thumbsup:

seafoam is the sh*t!!!! it works great...

an ASE master certified mechanic recomended it to me and gave me a demo on his subaru (hot boxed his neiborhood, lol)

i do the same as mpierce... 2 del sols, 1 accord, 1 integra, and 1 civic this past summer have all been seafoamed and all run beautifully...

never used it in my oil but i just pulled the line off the brake booster and stuck it in the bottle and had it run through the whole bottle, right when i got to the last little bit i held the hose in the bottle till the engine died and let it sit like that for 15 minutes. after the time was up i started it up (this took a while) and then drove the hell out of it till the smoke was gone. me and my friends have done this with 5 different vehicles so far, everything from 3.0 ranger and honda to my friends 73 galaxie 500, and they all ran better afterward. the older and more tired the engine the more smoke came out, and the better they ran afterward.

do yourself a favor and stay away from it. you want to clean your engine out inside , do a couple oil changes 1000 miles apart.

And how the hell will that remove carbon fouling on your pistons, cylinders, and valves... like Seafoam does?

You could also build yourself a cheapo water-injection system and never need Seafoam.

We've got this piece o crap 05' kia sedona on the lot and it had really bad valve clatter so I was planning on having the oil changed and putting in an additive but then I realized this would be an excuse for me to test out this seafoam business.

So I put some in the gas, some in the oil, and sucked in some through a vacuum hose (and put like an ounce in my bike's tank :ninja: ) ,

it smoked like a chimney, I shut it off, waited 5 minutes, and when I turned it back on...smooth as butter. No more valve tick. I've got my mechanic changing the oil right now.

+1 more testament for seafoam!

My hondas are next!

I poured it in there first and then after I made the intake induce it's dosage, I turned the van off, waited 5 minutes and then started it and let it run for 5 minutes. During the running time, I revved the engine up pretty good a few times. After that, it's time for an oil change.

I just picked up 2 bottles for my 4-door (time for an oil change anyways) and hatch one.

...35 degrees is too cold to ride a motorcycle. I can barely feel my fingers.

I did some maintenance work on my 92 hatch this weekend....

I started by putting 1/3 can of seafoam in the crankcase and ran it for about 5 minutes @ about 1500 rpm.

drained oil completely and installed a fresh filter and oil.

Installed new spark plugs

coolant flush

1/3 can of seafoam in a 1/4 tank of gas

1/3 can of seamfoam in my vacuum line (let sit off for 5 minutes)

started it up and drove the smoke outta it and filled up my tank.

tonite i did a flush and bleed on my clutch and brakes. (fluid was black as night)

holy crap! like a different car!!!!

Seafoam rocks! very very good crap!

Archived