Hey guys im new!

JDMEkHatchy

well im new here and i signed up here so i can hopefully learn a thing or a lot from you guys.... i recently got a 98 civic DX hatchback and it is SLOOOOOOOOOOW! but yeah i was thinking of getting a swap...possibly a b20 vtec or lsV problem is i dont know much about how to build them...now i know theres like a trillion threads on how to build these engines but im pretty much just here to learn and take in as many information and advice as possible... im not here to argue either like some knuckle heads who ask and argue... im just here to learn...im also broke so im not getting the swap anytime soon but its all good i need the knowledge first anyways right? but like i said im here to learn and if you guys could help id highly appreciate it....im 19 years old by the way... just if anyone was curious haha

Welcome! Sounds like you have some good plans. The Ls/vtec and CR/vtec are fairly straight-forward from what I've heard, but I've heard reliability issues come up? The best thread that I have come across was this

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1676914

I've never done it before though :crazy: . Wouldn't be past building a B18b or making it an LS/vtec! :thumbsup:

thx hondahunter that was a pretty awesome thread! really helpful too :D .... and yeah ill get pictures in the intro section sometime today when i get my camera... its raining out so yeah... haha

np buddy! :thumbsup: that's what we're here for. well, most of us!

so DEMANDING! but for sure! ill get some pics up... you guys are gonna laugh at my car! :(

Naww we would never do such a thing!! :thumbsup: hahaha now my car deserves to be laughed at!!! :laugh:

Nothing wrong with that car at all. Needs a little tlc. Nothing that a little attention and a few dollars can't clean up.

When you post pics of your car use the direct html address and use the "insert image' button when you post. Put your address in the pop-up box and it will post the full picture instead of the cut-off thing in your last post.

Nothing wrong with that car at all. Needs a little tlc. Nothing that a little attention and a few dollars can't clean up.

When you post pics of your car use the direct html address and use the "insert image' button when you post. Put your address in the pop-up box and it will post the full picture instead of the cut-off thing in your last post.

thx for the heads up! ill do that nxt time i post some pics up......and right now i have the stock non vtec d series in it... which is the d16y7 i believe... its pretty slow but it gets me around

He knows I was kidding! :thumbsup:

Archived