fancy me posting here.

Rick B.

well. when i get my car back, i have some nice blue and black suede that will be going in my car.

SSPX0163.jpg

the blue fabric will be replaced with the dark blue suede,

and im thinking (but not sure) about doing the dash, door panels, and center console in black. when im done, my car with be a sensual experience to the touch.

ideas and opinions?

maybe just the top half of the dash, or the bottom half. i dunno yet.

with carbon accents of course

Suede may not be a good choice for the back-side holder. Unless you have a real heavy gauge upholstery fabric normal suede cloth will wear very quickly.

Just keep that in mind so you don't have thread-bare seats after 6 months.

fabric on the dash? i think you're a few decades too late for that one.

i dont think so. fabric on the dash would cut down on alot of glare against the windshield. and depending on the fabric, it could be a nice touch.

gc_flocking.jpg

good luck mang. just remember, take your time and be patient.

ill take my time. im going to start small with the little strip of blue on the door panel and see how that goes. then possibly the center console.

depending on how difficult those were, ill make my decision on if i should do the entire dash or not.

i want to get my dash flocked, like that pic you posted. you should look into that. you wont be able to do it yourself most likely (well you could, its just mad messy), but when it cures you can vacuum it and its sweet. you also wont have to worry about it fading or coming up after time b/c the glue gets unsticky.

from wiki -

Flocking is the process of depositing many small fiber particles (called "flock") onto a surface. this is usually done by the application of a high-voltage electric field.

yeah, its pretty sweet. a lot of auto-x cars do it, its basically just to keep the glare out of their eyes caused from the dash. thats its actual purpose, if i did it i would just do it, well, to do it lol. plus i hate how the interior can scratch so easy (plus i have some minor scratches) so that would fix that.

suede looks less fuzzy. and it is visually and touch appealing. i can understand how people at first would be against the idea. but it is something that has to be experienced in person to enjoy and appreciate.

• 4 months later...

this crap is a bitch to work with. i have to redo one of the rear pillars and need to fix a wrinkle on the front right one, but i want it to be known that this is not easy stuff to do.

the spray adhesive gets everywhere. you have to let it sit for a little while to get tacky, you have to be careful not to overspray it otherwise it will soak through the fabric and ruin it. oh, and the fun part is trying to stretch it to get it around those curves without getting wrinkles.

but it looks good. next i get to do my headliner.

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived