balancing

C92hatchX

since the rims i just got were on a civic before do i still need them balanced? or can i just thorw them on?

Switching the car they're on doesn't change the balancing of the wheel and tire. If they were balanced on the civic, then they'll be balanced on your current car.

do all around, just to have everything nice and set, then you wont have to worry later on down the road :thumbsup:

HAve them do a free inspection! :thumbsup: I bet you big money when they do it, they will tell you your trailing arm bushingsare shot! >_< They always are! Shock mount bushings, ECT ECT ECT! I say after rust and body, start looking at suspension hardcore! :)

yea i was planning on it after winter like full blown suspension, and i look at my two fronts and they are worn down like a mo fo on the inside side of the tire so those will need replace, and im sure thats what my wobble was

HAve them do a free inspection! :thumbsup: I bet you big money when they do it, they will tell you your trailing arm bushingsare shoot! >_< They always are! Shock mount bushings, ECT ECT ECT! I say after rust and body, start looking at suspension hardcore! :)

shot :thumbsup:

i had to be a deeck lol

i put them on and now instead of pulling to the right it pulls to the left, why? does anything need to be done?

You probably (without realizing it, put the one that was previously on the right on the left and vice-versa. If you pull the the right and swap them left to right it will start pulling to the left.

I have a similar problem. Since getting my tires put on the new rims I have some small vibrations at highway speeds. When they swapped the tires, wtihout paying attention, I realize they put tires on the opposite of what they were. I.E. The side of the tire that used to be on the backside (not visible) part of the wheel is now on the outside. I only noticed later after putting tire wet on and seeing that none of them had tire wet anymore (tire wet was now on the inner sidewall).

So, I'm trying to decide if maybe the balancing I had done was off (machine not calibrated right) or if it's due to the way the tires were put on "opposite". I'll probably just learn to live with it.

You probably (without realizing it, put the one that was previously on the right on the left and vice-versa. If you pull the the right and swap them left to right it will start pulling to the left.

I have a similar problem. Since getting my tires put on the new rims I have some small vibrations at highway speeds. When they swapped the tires, wtihout paying attention, I realize they put tires on the opposite of what they were. I.E. The side of the tire that used to be on the backside (not visible) part of the wheel is now on the outside. I only noticed later after putting tire wet on and seeing that none of them had tire wet anymore (tire wet was now on the inner sidewall).

So, I'm trying to decide if maybe the balancing I had done was off (machine not calibrated right) or if it's due to the way the tires were put on "opposite". I'll probably just learn to live with it.

Are the new tires same size? Maybe you have worn suspension, and different size tire is making it more noticeable?

ill try swaping them and see what happens, they guy said he replaced the two fronts so i figured i would put the best tread up front

Are the new tires same size? Maybe you have worn suspension, and different size tire is making it more noticeable?

Same exact tires. I had the tires moved from my steelies to the prelude wheels but when they moved them over they reversed them and had the part that was on the inside of the car (back of the rim) now on the outside. I don't know how to explain it. Basically unmount your tire, flip it 180 degrees and remount.....that's how they were mounted on the new rims.

I'm not doubting one bit that I have worn suspension. 161,000 miles on the stock suspension, it does handle kind of like a boat. But........I didn't have this problem before swapping the tires to the new rims. I'm 99% sure that none of the rims are bent and they didn't mention not being able to balance any of them properly.

Archived