balancing

C92hatchX

Same exact tires. I had the tires moved from my steelies to the prelude wheels but when they moved them over they reversed them and had the part that was on the inside of the car (back of the rim) now on the outside. I don't know how to explain it. Basically unmount your tire, flip it 180 degrees and remount.....that's how they were mounted on the new rims.

I'm not doubting one bit that I have worn suspension. 161,000 miles on the stock suspension, it does handle kind of like a boat. But........I didn't have this problem before swapping the tires to the new rims. I'm 99% sure that none of the rims are bent and they didn't mention not being able to balance any of them properly.

Sorry I forgot who I was talking too! >_<

Are the new rims the same width?

Sorry I forgot who I was talking too! >_<

Are the new rims the same width?

No, the new wheels are wider and are causing another slight problem (unrelated I think though). They are wider but same offset so I've if I go too fast around a corner the wheel rubs the........arm (suspension is different on this car than the teg so I don't know what it's called.), but the vertical arm that connects the upper A arm to the hub. I'm going to order some spacers to fix that problem, but I doubt it's related to my vibration.

No, the new wheels are wider and are causing another slight problem (unrelated I think though). They are wider but same offset so I've if I go too fast around a corner the wheel rubs the........arm (suspension is different on this car than the teg so I don't know what it's called.), but the vertical arm that connects the upper A arm to the hub. I'm going to order some spacers to fix that problem, but I doubt it's related to my vibration.

HMMMM wider rim would push side walls out, causing more rubbr on road surface, perhaps making worn suspension more noticable? I know my worn shock mount bushings, and trailing arm bushing when I replaced them took care of all my vibration issues over 55 mph! :thumbsup:

Archived