General Gaming Discussion

So since we are whoring up the forza 2 thread, I just created this so we all can discuss upcoming games & updates. So here we go, have at it.

Im taking a look at the following:

Saints Row 2

Dead Space

Golden Axe: Beast Master

all three of these games are looking pretty good, and well i dunno about the new COD, i may rent it...but then again i really dont know what to think, i never really like the WWII era series

Saints Row 2 is out today, Fable 2 comes out on the 21st, Fallout 3 comes out on the 28th, and Gears of War 2 comes out Nov 7. Good time to have a 360! (Too bad my roommate's 360 isn't working :pirate: )

SR2 is currently in the mail. Sent Star wars back so I can get fable once it releases and I'll be buying COD:WOW next month. But I'm also thinking about buying GOW2 just because everyone plays it and I'll feel left out. I never liked the original to much but Im sure it could grow on me.

And Jason D3 is one of the reasons I want to build up a ballin computer lol!

I need to pick up both of the new Lego games. Lego Star Wars 1 & 2 kicked so much ass. Beyond that I haven't really thought about any new games. I haven't even turned on my 360 in a couple of weeks.

And Jason D3 is one of the reasons I want to build up a ballin computer lol!

If it is the same Blizzard we know and love you would be able to play it on a 166MMX with an 8mb Voodoo 1 and 32mb of PC66.

But yea, my 24" imac should be sweet with it.

Right now I've been playing Spore. Pretty cool game. Nothing to write home about though. No idea what the multiplayer is like since I have the reloaded version.

If this isn't irony I do not know what is: I was going to buy it from EBGames until I read that it was loaded down with securerom garbage, starforce to be exact. Instead I opened up piratebay, found it and was playing it the same day it launched. Going to all that touble to put that malware securerom bullcrap as well as forced online registration on there was really worth the effort when it was still freely available via torrent within 24 hours of launch.

Nice, I was kind of excieted about spore but its prerelease didn't really sell me as much as I thought. It seemed sweet in idea and in previews but from what I've scene it fails to live up to the initial goals.

I mean is it fun creating creatures and crap? Is there anything holding it back exactly?

Game is divided into five epochs: Cell, Creature, Tribe, Civilization, Space.

Cell stage, 3rd person direct control, is kind of fun and cute and is definitely a unique idea, but gets repetitive. Luckily it only lasts 20-30 minutes once you get the hang of it. Custom building your creatures is interesting, but very simplified at this stage. Only a few options aside from cosmetic.

Creature stage is a very typical FPS style. You can be peaceful, aggressive or both. Probably the second longest stage. Custom building your creature here is much more involved as you have a few thousand combination's at your disposal. The downside is that for the most part you are still either meat eater, plant eater or both. So the look of your guy changes but the actual function doesn't change at all. Took 2-3 hours the first time.

Tribe stage was the most annoying. 3rd person god-mode control of a small village. Simplified RTS style. Problem here is that they don't give you decent means to do the first task and the first task actually took longer to accomplish then the entire rest of the level. Probably took me 2 hours tops.

Civ stage was a simplified god-mode RTS as well. They could have done much more with this as the premise was decent. Even the first time through it took me less then an hour to defeat the entire planet.

Space stage is where >90% of your time will be spent. It is much like MOO or GalCiv. The #1 shortfall is that they do not have a method to save your city layouts so that when you found or conquer a new city on a planet you have to manually place each and every building. As an example: My current game I control about 25 solar systems, with an average of two planets per system. Each planet has up to three cities, and race homeworlds can have 10. Each city has about 20 buildings. So that's...around 3000 buildings I have placed. If it had a saved layout option that could have been reduced to about 50 clicks instead.

It could have been a great game. Instead, it is just a cute game with an interesting premise and layout which it worth playing once just to say you tried it.

/end rant

Yeah basically what I expected (which isn't good). The original news on the game made it sound so much more revolutionary. This sounds like a RTS with customiable units lol.

Ash, Silent hill is awesome!

I haven't played any since like 2, lol :( I wish I had more time so that I could pick it up, no point buying it just yet so it can collect dust with the rest of them :laugh:

Sewers was what got me, those things coming from the ceiling FTL! I loved the endings even though I can't really remember them all that well just Know I played it through at least 6 times getting all four eventually.

In other news I got SR2 so I should be able to report back on that sometime tomorrow night.

I haven't played any since like 2, lol :( I wish I had more time so that I could pick it up, no point buying it just yet so it can collect dust with the rest of them :laugh:

Yea I havent played it since 2, alot of people said SH3 was the best one...i beg to differ although i haent played it, the first one was an introduction to the series and was so hype...especially coming out after resident evil. I hated the fact that in the begining those little kids started to stab you...that freaked me out!

well instead of getting SH2 i might just get Dead Space...it got a 8.7 review...so im still debating

Since our Xbox is still not working, I'm starting a new Ocarina of Time file today. w00t!!

:laugh:

Is OOT as good as everyone makes it out to be? Never had the N64, debated getting it on VC but ended up never getting around to it.

:laugh:

Is OOT as good as everyone makes it out to be? Never had the N64, debated getting it on VC but ended up never getting around to it.

Still ranks as the best game I've ever played (FFX and Lost Odyssey in 2nd and 3rd)

OoT is FTW, I've easily played that RPG more times over than any other RPG. And Yeah playing SR2 now its alright to start with, people are right graphics dont impress when compared to GTA but Im sure gameplay will be more lasting.

Archived