NO REVERSE

KenGSR

Hello all im a new Acura owner my first one just got it a week ago its in good shape really happy with the car but.....

I was out on the back roads driving the car a lil harder then normal you know see what its got.

Everything was great got back to my friends house whent to back into his driveway and no reverse.

It semmy goes in than its like it hits a wall or something, is it possible I bent a fork shifting a lil to hard, or something got miss aligned being so rough with it just seems wierd I never used reverse when I was playing around and thats the gear I lose.

All other gears work magical no grinding just got no reverse any sujestions would be great im open to anything.

Hello all im a new Acura owner my first one just got it a week ago its in good shape really happy with the car but.....

I was out on the back roads driving the car a lil harder then normal you know see what its got.

Everything was great got back to my friends house whent to back into his driveway and no reverse.

It semmy goes in than its like it hits a wall or something, is it possible I bent a fork shifting a lil to hard, or something got miss aligned being so rough with it just seems wierd I never used reverse when I was playing around and thats the gear I lose.

All other gears work magical no grinding just got no reverse any sujestions would be great im open to anything.

Will it go in when car is not running?

Nope the car wont go into it at all running or not tried even rolling it backwords nothing I even tried popping the linkage off and doing it by hand nooo luck still wont go in.

Honda's have a tough time getting into reverse in my experience. I believe it's a safety feature to keep you from putting it in reverse while moving forward, so try to make sure you're holding down the clutch AND the brake before you shift. Pumping the brake a couple times sometimes helps too. Try that if you haven't already.

Oh, and welcome to HF!

I have tried holding the clutch down but I will also try the brake as well didnt think of that thank you.

Yea it seems a little strange just to lose reverse like that maybe it is a safety thing I'll deffinitly try that and look into it

Thanks for the welcome the site seems great and the ppl are very nice.

I have tried holding the clutch down but I will also try the brake as well didnt think of that thank you.

Yea it seems a little strange just to lose reverse like that maybe it is a safety thing I'll deffinitly try that and look into it

Thanks for the welcome the site seems great and the ppl are very nice.

We can be, and usually are! :thumbsup:

try pushing the clutch in twice then going in reverse

also try (with the clutch in) 1st, 2nd, then reverse

I was about to mention the same thing cause I gotta do that in my del sol. tap the clutch twice cause it won't go in so I gotta release the clutch, wait a few seconds and push the clutch in then shift to reverse.

Wish I could help but I don't know of any more recommendations.

Hopefully SSR will see this, since he is resident tranny guy that looks like jesus!:thumbsup:

Transmissions that is! >_<

LMAO hahahahahaha! :laugh:

hope you get the reverse problem worked out, i have no idea whats wrong, but welcome to our little f*cked up family :p

haha thanks I took the car to a tranny shop they said it wasnt blown or anything but I guess they think the linkage fell off for reverse so im in the middle of pulling the tranny out today to hand it to them so they can work there magic and find reverse for me apparently I shouldnt horse around with it so much I just have such huge muscles that I blew that linkage off when i shifted pffft j/k but yea ill keep ppl updated on what the real reason is when i find out.

Maybe, I just don't understand, but the same shift linkage is used for reverse as the one for the forward gears. So if the linkage fell off for reverse, it would be off for all gears. That doesn't make any sense on how a linkage could be off for reverse.

Maybe they mean the syncro for reverse went out. That would make much more sense and would require tranny work to fix.

I got the tranny out took about 2 hours on my back not to bad for my first one in a teg ill drop it off at the shop tomorrow so they can see if theres a reverse gear in there somewhere's, I hope!!!

Whatever it turns out to be I hope they can fix it I really dont feel like looking for a used tranny slim pickings around these parts id be better off buying another GSR donner car

reverse has no syncro.

stepping on the clutch twice is pointless as pointless can be. im asuming the tranny has been apart before , and something wasnt tightened down. like the reverse shifter mechanism. if you were only beating the forward gears , it wouldnt hurt anything to do with reverse.

Yea thats what im guessing or something vibrated appart I had to replace the clutch master since day 1 it was pretty sloppy and grinded a lil going into gear so after I did seemed to work fine now this maybe the master being so bad for god know how long did something ?

Ok tranny update took the tranny in to the shop this morning whent back after work he hadnt spent much time on it yet but he said no one has been in it befor but good news he said everything looks great but he held up this small linkage part saying the problem was within it something is bent or not moving right thats all he knew ill find out more tomorrow.

Stopped by the tranny shop friday night they fixed the little part I guess it was bent but now the shaft that reverse sits on is a little off so they say its will probably grind going into gear so they have to align that then I should have it back for monday I hope

Archived