NO REVERSE

KenGSR

Got the tranny back today they said there was an edge on 5th gear or something causing the linkage not to slide into reverse so they had to grind the gear down and realign it or at least thats what i got from him didnt all make sence but I got it back it seems to dry shift into reverse ok got it all in today justt need to add fluid into the tranny and install my axles and its done Any ideas on what fluid I should add I'v hurd alot of different things 10w30, redline, royal purple, Honda hyrdrolic fluid ect..... any ideas on what is the best ?

Got the tranny back today they said there was an edge on 5th gear or something causing the linkage not to slide into reverse so they had to grind the gear down and realign it or at least thats what i got from him didnt all make sence but I got it back it seems to dry shift into reverse ok got it all in today justt need to add fluid into the tranny and install my axles and its done Any ideas on what fluid I should add I'v hurd alot of different things 10w30, redline, royal purple, Honda hyrdrolic fluid ect..... any ideas on what is the best ?

According to resident tranny guru cheap non synthetic is best! :thumbsup: I would say a non detergent oil like Chevron, or something else thats non detergent. I think SSR said SuperTech is what he uses!

i put royal purple into my tranny, and it helped tremendously =D. so much smoother than the cheap stuff, and when my third gear stopped working i changed the oil and then jammed the car into gear a couple of time, and it worked jsut fine for a year after that, now my buddy has the car and it runs great still, lol. glad to hear its working though =D

Archived