To buy or not to buy...

Hondahunter

A local mechanic wanted to sell this to me, so I wanted to know what you guys thought. It seems like a hell of a deal to me, but feedback would be appreciated.

Here's the run-down...

(If any of this such as the 5-speed is standard, forgive me, I'm new to teggys)

1994 Integra GSR

245k miles

5-speed

A/C, p/w p/l p/mirrors

Plenty of tread on tires

New fuel pump

New radiator

New distrib.

New batt.

New belts

Timing belt at 210k

Has a little bit of rust over rear fenders, but doesn't look like it's really gotten deep. Paint looks good otherwise.

Also which B18 is this?

Pics...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r258/el...2/integra02.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r258/el...2/integra01.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r258/el...2/integra03.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r258/el...2/integra04.jpg

b18c...car looks clean for the year interior looks fresh high miles but its a honda :thumbsup: ..how much??

Sorry, forgot to mention the important part! Haha. $3500. I had the same thought on the mileage. Is it a B18C1? What did ITRs come with?

3500 geez you can get one around here with a less miles for that price is it a firm price or can you work it down some? what do you mean wut did the typr r come with? the code is b18c5 if thats what you meant?

3500 geez you can get one around here with a less miles for that price is it a firm price or can you work it down some? what do you mean wut did the typr r come with? the code is b18c5 if thats what you meant?

Hmm. I thought it was a good deal, what would you consider a price on it that you really couldn't pass up? I meant what was the motor code for the ITR. So b18C5 is in the GSR?

I mean if the motor is in great running shape than 3500 is fine just has pretty high miles but it is clean...i would just ask if he would go down to 3000 if he says no then i guess i would still pick it up lol...type r motor = B18c5 GSR motor = B18c1 but either way if its the car you want then go for it if it was a car i wanted alot and had high mileage but was that clean i would still grab it :thumbsup:

I mean if the motor is in great running shape than 3500 is fine just has pretty high miles but it is clean...i would just ask if he would go down to 3000 if he says no then i guess i would still pick it up lol...type r motor = B18c5 GSR motor = B18c1 but either way if its the car you want then go for it if it was a car i wanted alot and had high mileage but was that clean i would still grab it :thumbsup:

I REALLY like it man. I love my B16 Sol and still want to keep it. But I've always heard B18s are like B16s after their balls have dropped. And I've always wanted to see how many miles I could rack up :D . I was going to see if he'd drop to 3000, if not, I'll honestly just let it go or tell him to call if he changes his mind. I really don't need another car, but I'd love to have it :drool:

Sounds good man i drove a sol with a gsr and a sol with a b16 and that GSR would eat the b16 alive...but the car is really clean might even be worth 3500 if you would love to have it haha but yea for sure try to get it for 3000 first then just go from there

Sounds good man i drove a sol with a gsr and a sol with a b16 and that GSR would eat the b16 alive...but the car is really clean might even be worth 3500 if you would love to have it haha but yea for sure try to get it for 3000 first then just go from there

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. I might have to hide it so my mom doesn't kill me for having more cars around >_< She gets pissy aboout that because me and my dad used to have a 67 Lemans and a 77 Custom Deluxe that didn't run as yard ornaments. Lol. We had plans of fixing them...it just never happened! lol

lol theres nuthing wrong with having multiple cars around i just wouldnt want to cuz i would be having family and friends bugin the hell out of me to use one of em all the time :laugh:

lol theres nuthing wrong with having multiple cars around i just wouldnt want to cuz i would be having family and friends bugin the hell out of me to use one of em all the time :laugh:

haha yeah man! well i've gotta think on it still. Figure out whether buying this or something else would be the best option. Thanks for the info though!

daamn not trying to thread jack but theres this GSR i just found on craigslist and i want it baadd its a 4 door clean too...check it out its only 3500 with decently low miles

The Add

Wish i had the money right now..................................................Also just showing you that 3500 is to much for the car above!!

daamn not trying to thread jack but theres this GSR i just found on craigslist and i want it baadd its a 4 door clean to check it out its only 3500 with decently low miles

The Add

Wish i had the money right now..................................................Also just showing you that 3500 is to much for the car above!!

It's been flagged for removal! :thumbsup:

wow. and to think i was getting a good deal! I'm going to ask him if he's willing to part it out. I knew it was a lot of miles, but I figured being a Honda...well we all know the end to that. Thanks for your help guys!

Just offer him like $2k for it as a shell, sell the motor and replace it.

Or drop a d15b7 in it. You'll be extra original and incidentally extra slllllowww.

Or you could rebuild the head and get a b18b block for dirt cheap. I've seen those blocks selling for $100 around here! Of course this would be after the old engine gives out. Until then...drive it like you stole it.

Sorry about the pic problems...

http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/cto/823240052.html

there's the link for those of you who care lol.

I doubt he'll go down, but I shot him an email to check.

I also found a 91 Accord at a local shop that's been sitting for about a year. Right over 100k I think, I couldn't really see the odometer from the angle i had (it was hard to get to, i'm surprised i spotted it. I can probably get it for around 600, body's straight as hell and interior is in good shape. It had the auto trans replaced with a used one, and i think the ECU might have also been replaced. Anyway, motor doesn't run but the mechanic told me it was probably a relay gone bad, just wasn't doing any more work b/c the guy hadn't paid up. So he's going to contact the guy and if the owner doesn't sell it to me legal action may be taken and I might give him a couple bones to make him and me both happy :pirate: Mike, the pirate is for you.

Archived