My build up (take two)...

compuvision02

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the EH2 is over at the shop right now. Motor should be pulled by Sunday. My mechanic's dad is going to check out the car to see how much he'll charge for body work and paint. I may go with this one guy for paint, but I need that rust welded out. I say updates of the EH2, motorless, by Monday. Then hopefully won't be much longer than the first week of April until it is alive.

• 1 month later...

Well I am 85% sure that my car is going to be put on indefinite hold. I have about $5000 saved up right now. I could dump it all into my Civic and still not be finished or I could get a motorcycle and have some money left over. Then I would gradually save and put money into the Civic over time and literally make it more of a project. Part of me is debating on selling all my parts and looking into a motorcycle and a cheap LS1 car that I could gradually work for a weekend car.

sweet dude.

wish i could get a civic like asap but i have to wait a lil...

edit: yo rob eric faccilio is doing some awesome paint work and he doesn't charge out the ass.

check out the blue stealth at midas on west chester pike sometime, eric painted the bumpers, side skirts, and fixed the uneven color on the fenders...he also fixed all dings and dents, and he still has to wet-sand it, but he did an amazing job.

he's got mad skill now, as much as you may doubt him haha.

I don't doubt him, I did doubt him, becasue he majorly fracked up his old 3000GT, but he definetly could have learned. I'm still pissed that he was a big enough weiner to want to pay him to walk from his room to his garage to let me grab those wheels. Like, what kind of person does that to a friend?

Anyways, I am treading the waters to whether I want to sell the motor or not.

• 1 month later...

Unless I run into a very cheap R6, I am going to wait it out until next year. I am planning on putting the motor in, once I get mounts, and just rocking it as is for a bit. The body work, paint, and the rest of the modifications will come in due time. At this point, I just want to be able to drive fast again. Why am I giving up on a motorcycle for this year? A few reasons; I used money saved for my new computer since my old one died and motorcycles are expensive this time of year. So, why not just wait a few months, save up more money, get the exact motorcycle I want, and find it cheaper since it will be winter?

Yea.

I believe Rob always kept heavier duty tires on the RSX rims for uh, spirited driving.

Nah, I used a set of USDM ITR wheels for slicks. Those were my friends road racing tires, they worked a little better then street tires. That was for an Evolution IX MR I raced, it was easier since we were at his house, versus me running home.

Archived