My build up (take two)...

compuvision02

The only thing stopping me at this point is gas prices. I went to put some gas in my sedan the other day and glanced at the board, realized premium was just around $4.30, not quite sure it's worth it when I am this close to a bike...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say keep your car.... two friends of mine lost their lives this month one due to a dumb b!tch on a cell phone pulling out in front of him on his 1000rr and the other lost control missing a deer 3 weeks later.... too many things to worry about..... they are fun as all h&ll.... but my view has changed dramatically this summer..... also, that engine is a beast! and you know everything about it, including what it is worth..... other people dont (buyers) no matter if all the documentation in the world is in front of them..... plus! I want to see what that thing puts down when you get it tuned! keeeeeep iiiiiitttt haha

• 3 weeks later...

Now things are going slow again. My mechanic now can not do side work, after hours, so he is currently looking for a place he can rent out to do side work. So, I am crap out of luck until he finds one or his boss allows him to do side work again. It is a good and bad thing, it is bad because nobody is interested in buying it, it is bad because I kind of want to get it started and drive it, but it is a good thing because I am that much closer to a motorcycle. I was approved for a loan to finish the rest of a bike, I declined it since I wasn't quite ready yet. I am looking at 2008 CBR-600RR's, since anything past 2003 is still quite expensive, I might as well get full coverage on anything newer then a 2003, and I may be able to get a better rate if I am going through a dealership versus a bank loan. We shall see, not sure if this will be done before the summer is over or not, might be smarter to wait until winter when 2009's are lurking around and 2008's are dropping in price. Either way, I have a feeling that anything related to the "scene" that I enjoy oh so much is going to be null for me until 2009. Too much stuff went down at the end of 2007 and too many things are going on in 2008, I think. We shall see. But the EH2 project will be underway sooner or later, it doesn't seem worth it to sell. And my EJ6 sedan should be on the market soon, I want another coupe!

Full coverage is stupid for a bike, but let's say you wreck and are fine, but the bike skids into a pole? I don't know about you, but I won't be too happy about being out $5,000 to $10,000.

• 1 month later...

I now have the most boring build thread to date! Still no updates. The only real update is that the EH2 is being put on hold, again. Almost have enough to outright buy a 2007 CBR-600RR, so I am going to be buying one this winter. The EJ6 sedan is being sold in March, or around there, and I am taking out a loan for around $16,000 to get a new(er) vehicle to drive around daily, something nice and quick. Then I will slow build the EH2 when I am paying off the new daily. Hopefully the majority of the EH2 is done over the winter time though.

I am 22, almost 23, work full time as an assistant manager, I live at home, and I barely do anything that involves tons of money. I'd rather make sure I am spending it on something rather than junk. Once I get the bike, a new daily, and get my hatch on it's way, I am going to start saving up for a down payment on a house.

Archived