What do you think of my Del Sol?

95delsolboy

Okay tell me what you think of my Del sol.

6x7yb2b.jpg

86hsro4.jpg

6uj14c0.jpg

7x0nsy8.jpg

8ezubgy.jpg

7wiee0i.jpg

Motor upgrades

Greddy T3 Turbo

Greddy Turbo Manifold

HKS BOV

Greddy Intercooler and piping

Apexi VAFC

Autometer Mesh Boost Gauge

OBX Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator

450cc Injectors

Synapsi Missing link MAP sensor

ZEX 59100 cam

AEM adjustable cam gear

Crower Dual valve springs

titanium valves

Low Compression Pistons

Eagle Crank

Eagle Rods

Unorthodox Power Pulleys

Skunk 2 ECU

Accel Plug Wires

External Coil

Denso Plugs

Transmission upgrade

400HP axels

Xedey Stage 2 clutch

suspension upgrade

Tokico adustable struts

skunk 2 coil overs

front and rear camber kits

Lightweight Control Arms

Upper and Lower Front and Rear Strut Supports

H type frame connector

Cabin Bars

Exterior mods

Z3 Fenders

VIS carbon Fider vented hood

Invader urethane front bumper

wings west urethane side skirts

R34 urethane rear bumper

Clear headlights and corners

Clear markers

Clear taillights

PIAA aux lights

Aluminum Wing

powder coated GSR wheels

interior mods

5" dragon tach

carbon fiber overlays

b&m short shifter

car toys custom 12" enclosure

clarion head unit

rockford fosgate components

black out boost gauge and oil pressure gauge

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well a lot of people on here will not like it because of the kit, fenders, spoiler, tach, floormats etc, stuff like that, so be prepared for some heat.

its not really my taste, but i respect the work done to the car. theres a lot of cosmetic stuff and a decent amount of motor work as well to go along with it. what kind of numbers are you putting down with the boosted set-up? also i didnt see anything you tuned it with, have you done that yet?

this guy is already ok in my book. I gave him some crap about his car after his first post and he took it very well.

You already know my opinion: I think it would be cheaper to start over then to try and remedy the problems this car has.

The three things that are an immediate negative to me are the stickers on the doors, the absurdly large spoiler and the altezza tails. All three I think you could rework a little and the appeal of the car would go up immensely. Do some nice smoke tinted tails to fit your red/black theme, put on a more subtly sized spoiler - something a bit lower to the deck would look excellent, and save the stickers for applying to the side of your tool boxes.

Aside from these three I mentioned above I won't further knock it. It does look well crafted.

edit: I just had a thought! His ride is about the perfect one for an Ameripol (sp?) glasstop - don't do a carbon skin, get the glass one.

All del sols should get the Ameripol top. It's just so ded secksay.

Good points on how to improve his ride. I think that would help a lot but different front/rear bumpers would have to be added to the list for my tastes.

Thanks for all the information.

I havent ran a Dyno or anything yet, but the estimated HP is 190hp but we think its running closer to 200hp. But I havent had the time or money to run a drag strip or dyno.

and to busted is 1- I think ill pass on more of a drop. The race suspension I put into it put an 1 1/2 inch drop, and I have already ripped off or busted the front bumper multiple times, and have even busted the back bumper once.

And Wannabstuntn- Me personally have somewhere between $9,000 & $9,500 dollors in it, plus my brother has given me parts.

Thanks for all the information.

I havent ran a Dyno or anything yet, but the estimated HP is 190hp but we think its running closer to 200hp. But I havent had the time or money to run a drag strip or dyno.

and to busted is 1- I think ill pass on more of a drop. The race suspension I put into it put an 1 1/2 inch drop, and I have already ripped off or busted the front bumper multiple times, and have even busted the back bumper once.

And Wannabstuntn- Me personally have somewhere between $9,000 & $9,500 dollors in it, plus my brother has given me parts.

no, i pretty much meant crapcan your current bumpers and go oem with a lipkit. then slam it some more.

In all fairness, I don't see his kit or his wing as any worse than yours, sebby.

He seems pretty cool. Hope he sticks around. We need a rather intelligent member who has a flashy car to increase the diversity on this site.

In all fairness, I don't see his kit or his wing as any worse than yours, sebby.

He seems pretty cool. Hope he sticks around. We need a rather intelligent member who has a flashy car to increase the diversity on this site.

Well thanks I apreciate that, but im no where near being as smart about cars as people on here. I can install stuff and modify it, but Im not good at telling specs and what parts are good, and actually naming off parts. But im working on making myself smarter.

And to seb..- Our cars are like really close in looking the same. You wings the same hieghth as mine and alot of stuff is the same.

lol dude is cool by me.

he didn't get butthurt when i instigated.

thats what I said.

looks like he passed the HF flame test - hes fireproof!

look into the Ameripol top instead of the one you have with the roof scoop on it. A glasstop would be sweet!

thats what I said.

looks like he passed the HF flame test - hes fireproof!

look into the Ameripol top instead of the one you have with the roof scoop on it. A glasstop would be sweet!

Well thanks, but I think its kindof stupid to get mad over the internet. Plus I respect other peoples opinions. If we had all the same opinions this would be a boring world to live on.

Is this glass top tinted or what, and how much does it run in cost.

and by the way, Right now I only have 35 dollors to my name. I had a $250 speeding ticket I had to pay for.

Archived