500,000 mile marker

rsolorio

rebuilt engine doesnt count
well cant it go on indefinitely then? way past 500,000 miles? you could just keep rebuilding it. does adding stronger more durable internals count too? seems like a gray area to me..i mean, how do you fubar a totally stock motor? where no rebuilding would save it? seems to take the fun out of this story.

*edit* no offense man. still a very impressive potboiler ya got for us!

well cant it go on indefinitely then? way past 500,000 miles? you could just keep rebuilding it. does adding stronger more durable internals count too? seems like a gray area to me..i mean, how do you fubar a totally stock motor? where no rebuilding would save it? seems to take the fun out of this story.

*edit* no offense man. still a very impressive potboiler ya got for us!

Obviously I'm in the grey area camp. Stuff happens, so whether it's a rebuilt engine, busted hose, or burned out tail light the car is still rolling. And parts are parts. But the car is in the eye of the beholder and it's still my car and "the car" is almost at 500,000 miles.

Go grey team!

PS no offense taken, I'm having fun with all this.

tough car inside and out. ya know you could get that seatbelt replaced for free by Honda, that's what i did when mine looked like that. im guessing most car companies have lifetime warranties that kind of stuff. just want ya to be safe there Roy, so you make it to 500k :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

funny stuff. if nothing else they have been entertaining to a few of us on HF, and it sounds like you have been having fun making them.

when you were leading up to the 500k mark and the needle was sitting at around 90-ish i was expecting to hear the highway patrol....

funny stuff. if nothing else they have been entertaining to a few of us on HF, and it sounds like you have been having fun making them.

when you were leading up to the 500k mark and the needle was sitting at around 90-ish i was expecting to hear the highway patrol....

What can I say, the car loves to drive fast. But to tell the truth I was so fixated on the roll and what to say that I didn't pay that much attention to the speed. I was truly nervous, but I don't think that would go over with the judge.

Thanks for watching. see you at the very last epi #12.

• 3 months later...
Like I said in episode 9 I've got this Japanese Monkey on my back, I've got to drive my car!!!

Roy

OK Roy!! :rant: Not cool!! where is ch 12 i cant find it on youtube and no one has posted to this link in a while....u have inspired me however. I got a relative 'virgin' last Oct. - 1994 maroon Accord LX 103,000 mi (yes 103!) 5 speed. Wasnt exceptionally welll taken care of, but all the basics are there, so maybe ill start my owm chronicle and see how far i can take it...oh btw for the guy that says the rebuild was a cheat...no...same block and other components so I would say its major maintenance...thats like saying an organ transplant doesnt make you 60 still...just my view. Hope 'Blu' is still going and could ya post the link for ch 12 if its up?

PS - that was COLD what you did to chris - but he deserved it!! :devil:

-J :drew:

this thread is old. come on yohan, check the dates, will ya?

I know that...just like james said...i was WAITIN' for the finale also and wanted to see if he was still around since i watched all the episodes....NANCY!!

• 9 months later...

Hi all you Moon and Backers,

Need a break from all the election tension? Then you need a Moon and Back fix my friend. Remember last time I spoiled the end of the great 500,000 mile roll when the battery died just at that most critical moment? Well, I’ve been able, through the amazing technical prowess of my friends at Lumeralis Digital, turn a disaster into... well another sort of disaster ready to assault your eyes and ears. So sit back and try and enjoy the last installment of the Moon and Back Chronicles vol. 12

Or the high def experience;

http://www.lumeralis.com/honda

And if you gotta have the song download it here;

http://www.macjams.com/song/37515

Sounds great, no. Besides the speedometer/odometer burned out so there will be no more records to set. Thanks for watching and tell all your Honda buddies out there about the videos.

dang man! are you not going to fix that? but that is a ton of miles, i guess it can be expected :thumbsup:

Archived