Top Speed

Mobius_01

137mph, Honda Accord type S 155bhp, Ireland. Hittin bout 6 and a half, 7 revs, had to slow down when stretch of road was coming to an end

Only one of those countries has a percentage of drivers who are idiots of the same mould as I have encountered in North America - Ireland. That's because any idiot is allowed on the roads in a powerful car without even passing a test (at least at the time I was last there, they may have moved foward now). At least they don't live in arrogant denial.

There are rules behind why someone who hasnt passed their test can be on the road and thats if they pass the theory test, general knowledge on road safety, you get your provisional lisence, even then for 2 years you have to have a qualified driver with you any time you drive. And only when you've been driving a while lets say 4 years insurance companies might give you a quote but most possibly not on anything exceeding a 1.6litre and in ireland you will not get away without having insurance on the road

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, so you've been all around the world except America and yet you want to scrutinize them? Im in agreeance with you about Europe having a better traffic system but you have no credibility in this subject considering you've never been in America. If last time you were here, we didnt have driving test that would make you about a hundred years old because I know we've had them at least since the original For Model T was released.

Sorry, my bad... these are places I have visited before moving to North America. Also, to be fair my experience over here is very confined to the West Coast. I was also talking about Ireland and not the US for driving licences. 10 years ago you could apply for a provisional license by post, and then use it to drive without supervision. I wouldn't describe their roads (or yours) as chaos, but there were a lot of avoidable accidents. Europe isn't necessarily "more organised" - let's be honest, cramp a lot of people into any small space and you'll end up with congestion - but in my experience the average driver is a little more considerate of other road users.

I also don't know much about your laws, but in the UK all cars over 3 years old are tested once per year. You'll fail the test and not be allowed to drive the car if anything affects safety, stuff like uneven braking, excessive rust in key places, blown bulbs, cracked windscreens, excessive emissions etc. In Switzerland they go a step further and fail cars that make excessive noise or have any structural deformation. In BC, Canada, they just check the emissions - leaving some dangerous cars on the road. Are there any rules in the US to keep poorly maintained cars off the road?

Edit: Agent 7249 - You obviously know Ireland... was it the case 10 years ago that people could just drive on a provisional license, or was it that the police just turned a blind eye to it? I have a cousin that was never questioned about it back then.

Edit: Agent 7249 - You obviously know Ireland... was it the case 10 years ago that people could just drive on a provisional license, or was it that the police just turned a blind eye to it? I have a cousin that was never questioned about it back then.

People legally can drive on a provisional license on their own after 2 years, before that they have to have a qualified driver with a full license with them when they drive. Its basically a case of if you're driving for the first two years without a qualified driver on a provisional lisence and you get stopped by the police dont act like a sh!th€ad and they wont fine you :). In the case of your cousin he either drove a respectable car or he avoided checkpoints :D. Its still the same now as it was back then.

As for the uk laws on the MOT, (forgot what that stood for) its similar to ours in which after the first 4 years the car gets its NCT test, basically making sure the car is safe to drive then every 2 years it gets tested. for the car to be road legal it gets tested over and over again until it passes (the owner must pay to get whatever needs to be fixed, fixed!)

lol, 165.

i've gotten to 156 with fuel cut. dont ever plan on doing it again though. waste of time and not safe at all.

lol yeah my friend that was with me insists it was 155, and I know better then to argue with him.

and the gas thing REALLY sucks....

i get 29 Mph when i go 65 mph for the whole tank.

21 when i go 80

and 18 when i average 90.

needless to say... 65 it is since gas just hit 3.25$ here in north dakota.

AND THEN TO HEAR IT JUST HIT 4$ A GALLON IN TEXAS...

Sheesh its a wonder people still drive.

NOT TO MENTION GOING 120 MPH FOR FUN :/

is there a way i can stop getting emails someone comments on this topic cuz its just going on and on and its totally pointless now

on the top right click on "my controls" then on the left side there is a "subscriptions" section. click on "view topics" select this one, then click unsubscribe

on the top right click on "my controls" then on the left side there is a "subscriptions" section. click on "view topics" select this one, then click unsubscribe

ty

and i get about 33 mpg when i average 85-90, i'm usually traveling after midnight so i don't have to stop and go from traffic

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

well i have a 1993 accord and got it to 120 so....its great there is no problem if you know what you doing.......and for the 92 accord i had it was an auto(they both are) and i had the next to a mustang at 153 so they are fast and they are both stock

So first..

You say you don't know if you can "race" your car yet..you've topped it out?

How long did it take you to get to 120, I wonder? :p

And wtf, this isn't the oldest thread but it was good and dead..

SO STFU. o:

120 mph on a public road is not dangerous

YOU SIR ARE A FREAKING IDIOT!!! and i agree with ben this was old news.

how many more times is this gonna try to be revieved?

well i have not toped my 93 out....it goes to 130.....120 is not toped out dumbass and im not sure how long it took me not too long though...the only car i had toped out was my 92 and it was at redline so thats how fast it was....god frackin retard

Was this 120 done on a track? On high speed rated tires? If not, you are not in a position to call others a retard. Yes, we have all done dumb stuff in the past, but we have realize how stupid it was. Until you take all precautions(track, tires, helmet, ect.) you absolutely cannot call someone else a retard..

well i have not toped my 93 out....it goes to 130.....120 is not toped out dumbass and im not sure how long it took me not too long though...the only car i had toped out was my 92 and it was at redline so thats how fast it was....god frackin retard

I hope that when you do wreck it's into a tree or telephone pole. Stupid people like you are the reason that I'm scared to go driving with my wife and son half the time. Either you are really young and dumb (we've all been there), or you need to grow up and stop endangering the lives of others.

Lastly, mods should lock this old thread. If this guy wants to talk about his stupidity is endangering the lives of others he should start his own thread.

Archived